Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Methods for deleting 32.SillyFDC.BDK worm from the system.

Networking & Security

Old 14-01-2010

Methods for deleting 32.SillyFDC.BDK worm from the system.

Hi, friends, I searchiing tool for removing 32.SillyFDC.BDK worm. Few hours before I surfing a web at that time this morw is attacked in my system. This worm is detected my Norton anti virus software, but ut cannot able to delete it. It using too many resources of my computer and made my system extremly slow, it take so much time to start the computer. So how can I delete this worms from my system , please?

Old 14-01-2010

Re: Methods for deleting 32.SillyFDC.BDK worm from the system.

When executed, the worm copies itself as the following files:

* %SystemDrive%\Mi Musica.exe
* %SystemDrive%\Mis Documentos.exe
* %SystemDrive%\Mis Fotos.exe
* %SystemDrive%\Mis Imagenes.exe
* %SystemDrive%\setup.exe
* %Windir%\regedit\svchost.exe
* %Windir%\system.exe

It also creates the following file so that it runs when the above drive is accessed:
%SystemDrive%\autorun.inf

It then creates the following files:

* %Temp%\~DF5D81.tmp
* %Temp%\~DF9DE.tmp
* %Temp%\~DFD1F.tmp

The worm creates the following registry entry so that it runs every time Windows starts:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"Svchost" = "%Windir%\regedit\svchost.exe"

Next, the worm creates the following registry entry to alter Internet Explorer settings:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\"{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383}" = "[BINARY DATA]"
Old 14-01-2010

Recommendation for protection from 32.SillyFDC.BDK
  • Use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world.
  • Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives, and disconnect the drives when not required. If write access is not required, enable read-only mode if the option is available.
  • Always keep your patch levels up-to-date, especially on computers that host public services and are accessible through the firewall, such as HTTP, FTP, mail, and DNS services.
Old 14-01-2010

You can use Norton anti virus software to remove 32.SillyFDC.BDK worm from your system. Norton is one of the best anti virus in the world. Only you have to download a latest virus definition from its official web site. Now start your computer in same mode, because virus having difficulty to execute in safe mode. To enter press F8 during booting and select safe mode and press enter.
Old 14-01-2010

Remove 32.SillyFDC.BDK values from registry.

*Click on the Start menu and then Run.
*Now type regedit in the feild
*Then click OK.
* Navigate to and delete the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"Svchost" = "%Windir%\regedit\svchost.exe"

* Restore the following registry entry to its previous value, if required:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\"{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383}" = "[BINARY DATA]"

* Exit the Registry Editor.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,