Thread: Relay smtp/imap + proxy + filter

Relay smtp/imap + proxy + filter

I tested for several weeks this packaged solution: Clarkconnect 4.3 community. Before putting it into production, I would like to solve some problems.

1) the critical updates critical/recommended or installed module does not work (Data socket timed out continuously)

2) get to run this machine as a proxy (that's ok) and relay SMTP and IMAP

Our network configuration is as follows:

INTERNET --- FIREWALL --- DMZ --- MACHINE CLARKCONNECT
    --- LAN --- Server Lotus Domino

For the moment the messages from the Lotus server are relayed to the external recipients

3) Regarding the proxy that works, I would like to personify the error messages returned to the user. I already have web pages ready, I just need to know where to configure it.

Re: Relay smtp/imap + proxy + filter

If lPostfix relay is used, that I install regularly with clients such as Gateway AV AS with Domino, it's very easy to configure. You can then edit the file main.cf Postfix to optimize the anti-spam. We can also optimize SpamAssassin for treatment in Domino. Why do you need imap?

Why do you need imap?
    The relay uses IMAP for mobile telephones: 2 iphone and 2 HTC Touch

To tell you the truth, I already implemented this proxy / relay that is functional but lacks some ergonomics. Here is what is currently installed on machine ubuntu 8.04 + postfix + Perdition + squid

In fact ideally I would like to replace it with something more simple to administer (especially for my colleagues), which I backup logs browser for 1 year (to follow the law) and me "Pond" beautiful reports Internet navigation

I really do not understand why the update and install module does not work.

I have a good half dozen Clarkconnect 4.x community installed in configurations vary among customers.

Regarding logs, you use Domino because it is easy enough to save all in a Notes database automatically. There are some changes to /etc/cron.d/cc-postfix-report in this style:
    Code:
    55 13 * * *   root   /usr/sbin/pflogsumm -d today --verbose_msg_detail /var/log/maillog | mail -s "Postfix Report" postmaster@bigfish.com
    I get the logs every day without any manual intervention. The huge advantage is the ease of search with notes for future development. Just indexing the database.

For my part I will limit interaction with notes because I think we'll migrate to another messaging to run. I would ideally have a monthly backup on our NAS server and have a web weekly report. Clarkconnect is very well done, but even when it lacks a lot of fields to configure the things. It must each time be connected in ssh to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurense View Post
    For my part I will limit interaction with notes because I think we'll migrate to another messaging to run.
    Yet it is an absolutely remarkable.

I would ideally have a monthly backup on our NAS server and have a web weekly report.
    I've never looked at the issue from this angle, I'm not a fan of communication via a shared file.

Clarkconnect is very well done, but even when it lacks a lot of fields to configure the things. It must each time be connected in ssh to make changes.
    Yes, that's the drawback that I found also. However it is difficult to manage, even if only for the messaging section of the hundreds of settings available in Postifix. Once established they do not return very often. Management restrictions, types and lists would be very nice if it was available.