Thread: Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Hi all.

Running Windows 7 on a Dell E1505 laptop. My problem is that I replaced the wireless mini card on the laptop with an Intel 4965AGN. Windows installed the driver, but everytime I try to connect to my wireless network, it tells me that there are no networks to connect to. I know this is incorrect.

I tried running the Network Troubleshooter and it gave me this error message..."windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter"

I also tried installing the latest driver from Intel, but no luck.

I have a feeling that the original card is causing this problem, as Windows won't allow me to rename the connection..it is currently listed as "Wireless Network Connection 2". I tried to remove the 2, but it says a connection with that name already exists.

Also, I know the card is good, because my laptop is a dual boot system with XP Pro also running and the card works perfectly in XP.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to connect

My recommendation would be to run Network Diagnostic Tool in computer to solve this the error you received. In order to perform this troubleshooting problem, you need to follow the steps given below:
    1] Click on Start--Control Panel.
    2] Click on Network and Internet option over there, and after that Click on Network and Sharing center.
    3] Inside the Network and Sharing center option , Click on Troubleshoot Problem.
    And this thus not solve your problem, then install the lastest or update the drivers from manufacturer's site itself. Hope you will the problem soon.

Re: Unable to connect

Hi friend,

There are two possibilities for this type of error. First possibility is that you have not properly installed the driver for your 'wireless mini card'. I suggest you to reinstall this wireless mini card driver. Another possibility is that your 'wireless mini card' may be faulty that's why you are not able to make the connection. So you need to check this wireless mini card with another computer.