Thread: Help to delete Win32.Delf.xol from Dell Vostro 430 desktop

Help to delete Win32.Delf.xol from Dell Vostro 430 desktop

I am using Dell Vostro 430 desktop which is fairly new desktop. I am not that technically sound. Yesterday my Kaspersky anti virus highlighted threat message for Trojan: Win32.Delf.xol. As recommended by Kaspersky I deleted the Trojan. But even after that there are many files downloading to my computer.

Safe Mode

Incase if there is a virus or a trojan or worm or any other such related malicious programs which might reside on your computer and are not getting deleted, you can always us e the Safe Mode to Scan your computer to delete that malicious program. I had a trojan that made it way to my computer. But using the Safe Mode I scanned my computer to delete it.

Restore Utility of Windows

The Windows Restore utility is always useful in restoring your system to a safer point. To restore you computer in Windows XP:
    1. Go to the Start Menu.
    2. Go to All Programs.
    3. Click on Accessories.
    4. Go to System Tools.
    5. Click on System Restore.

This will then ask you to select a restore point. Select a restore point at which the trojan was not present on your system. Once this is completed all your Windows actions will be set to that restore point. To be on the safe side you may again scan your computer after the System Restore is done after updating the anti virus.

Trojan Downloader- Win32.Delf.xol

To verify the presence of Trojan Downloader- Win32.Delf.xol check if the gspc2.exe file is present in the Program Files folder which is generally in the C Drive. There are as such no exact symptoms to verify the presence of Trojan Downloader- Win32.Delf.xol. The Trojan Downloader is also responsible for downloading many files which may also contain malicious programs.

down.wan555.com respnsible for Win32/Facerf.A

It is noted that Win32/Facerf.A is been passed on by the down.wan555.com. It is also observed that the trojan hijacks and sends the sensitive user information to wx888.cc. Thus the hacker can get remote access of the infected host. This trojan also displays a digital certificate properties, which the hacker sends to gain confidence of the user of the infected host. This certificate does not belongs to the hacker though as it is either stolen or false made.

Windows Re-installation

There was a Trojan-Downloader which was also present on my Compaq Laptop. And even after the System Restore and switching to multiple anti-virus the Trojan-Downloader was not getting deleted. I then took a backup of all the necessary data from my computer. And then re-installed Windows by formatting the Windows Drive. This worked for me, hope it also works for you.