Thread: Infected by W32/Autorun-AEC malware

Infected by W32/Autorun-AEC malware

I have the DELL Studio 17 laptop with configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 512GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics, 2GB RAM, 512GB HDD, Windows XP. I use the internet on daily basis for downloading various files like movies, songs, games etc and play online games as well. Also use many programming language software for programming. I use McAfee trail version of antivirus and recently detect the malware called "W32/Autorun-AEC". I don't know what this malware will do and how to remove it? Please help me.

Re: Infected by W32/Autorun-AEC malware

I think the alert you have received is of the worm.(means there is worm in your laptop). According to me, the worms are type of the programs which is able to spread independently(without anyone's help) and maybe act very harmful in some cases. This worms normally harms manual activation like downloading an email attachments or maybe comes fully automatically by gap in the security of OS. Install the full or register version of antivirus and remove and be safe from this type of worms.

The alert you got is the type of worms. This type of worms will infect computer's, but it does not infect any of the files. I would say, that they can simply be identified and deleted. Also make registry or startup file changes so that they are executed on boot-up.This worms can be removed with help of enterprise console tools or nay licensed version of antivrus. Hope you will be able to remove this worm.

The alert " W32/Autorun-AEC" you found comes under the category of Viruses and Spyware, and type: Worms. The Worms does not infect any files and they independently spreads without any recognizable activity. At times, this worms can also be very harmful, because they seat in boot-ups and does not allow you to boot the windows. Update the current McAfee antivirus and you will able to remove the worm.

According to me, a W32/Autorun worm is recently found variant. The W32/Autorun is found distributed through digital photo frames that were sold in the market during the 2007 holiday season. W32/Autorun worm will do modification in registry keys to prevent some Windows Services from starting and prevent Explorer from viewing hidden files. This worm can be removed by updating the antivirus fully. Hope your problem will get solve soon.

The W32/Autorun type of worm, which try to spread to removable device/drives by creating an Autorun.inf file, this worm will run automatically when drive is opened, and if the systems which uses the removable disk/drive are set to Autorun. I would suggest you to use licensed or full version of antivirus which will be able to detect and remove the worms.