Thread: Is wi-fi is better to use on MAC OS X

Is wi-fi is better to use on MAC OS X

I have a laptop that works on MAC. I am planning a get a better internet service. But in my area many ISP are giving wireless router. I think cable net is much stable and proper. So what you do you think about the wireless performance on MAC. Will this be better or cable net. What is needed to get wireless if it is a proper choice. Is wi-fi is better to use on MAC OS X.

Re: Is wi-fi is better to use on MAC OS X

WiFi, or Wireless Networking, will permit you to contribute the files, Internet admission, music and more without the need to run cables all from side to side of your house or office. If you have an iBook, PowerBook or MacBook a wireless network can locate you free, allowing you to take delivery of emails at the bottom of the garden, order those MacUpgrades from any where of your house or share your iTunes libraries with the other computers in your house.

Even though full of expressions, a wireless network is comparatively effortless to set up and manage. Several familiar logic and the capability to read the manual will see you up and running in no time. In this FAQ we hope to answer some of the more general questions, explain the expressions and help you select the right wireless networking products for your needs.

I will advice you to go with wireless. First of all you'll need a wireless capable laptop or desktop. If your Mac doesn't have Airport or Airport Extreme built in then there are ranges of third party Products that will allow you to add WiFi to your Mac. All the Macs you wish to use on your WiFi network wirelessly will need to be WiFi capable.Secondly you'll need a Wireless Router or Wireless Network Access Point. How you connect to the Internet will determine which of these products you need.

Yes, wi-fi is better to use on MAC OS X. Sharing the Internet One of the most common reasons for creating a WiFi network is to share your Internet connection with other machines in your home or office. This should be a doddle to set up. First up you need to make sure your computers are capable of connecting to a wireless network. See the Quick Product Selector above to help you select the right product.

To allow a Windows machine to admission your Mac in order to share files and folders you will need to enable SMB sharing. Use the Sharing pane in your computer Preferences and click Windows Sharing. This enables the Microsoft-standard SMB network sharing protocol.You'll then need to create a network place on your PC. Go to My Network Places and click on Add a Network Place, then complete the My Network Place wizard.