Thread: What is Msoobe.exe

What is Msoobe.exe

I am having a Windows XP SP2 computer at my home. Today morning when i started my system, i found a process in Task Manager named as Msoobe.exe. I have never seen this process before. There is no problem with my PC yet, but i just wanted to know what is Msoobe.exe ? Is it any kind of virus or a safe process ? Please help.

Re: What is Msoobe.exe

Msoobe.exe is not a kind of virus or any trojan but it is an important windows process that is used for recording on the Internet for your installation of Windows XP. It is a process generic Windows XP activation charge of licensing system. It is the process of product activation of Windows XP that controls the registration online authorization codes. This program is important for the stable and secure operation of your computer and should not be done. In short, it is a system process and can be stopped.

Msohtmed.exe is a process associated with Microsoft Office 2003 Microsoft Corporation and is located under C:\Windows\System32. It is a Windows system file and is essential for your Windows operating system activation. Removing Product Activation may adversly impact your system. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Deleting msoobe.exe from your system may hamper the windows. It uses a license key to handle online registering of your Windows system. Even after registration, i'll suggest you to keep this process to prevent any instability of your computer. Be calm, its not a Virus.