Thread: Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 detected in my system

Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 detected in my system

Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 has been detected in my system by the Kaspersky antivirus, that I have installed in my system with Windows XP SP3 operating system. The problem is that the antivirus detects the infection, but when I try to delete the infection, the antivirus simply hangs. I cant understand why this is happening. I need someone to give suitable solutions to this problem as soon as possible.

Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 is a trojan

Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 is a trojan and it manipulates the registry settings of the system components that have been installed. This may be the reason why the antivirus hangs when you try to delete the infection. It must have altered the settings of the antivirus too. If Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 has been detected in your system, then I suggest you to format the system to get rid of the infection as this is the ultimate method to remove trojans from the system.
    Last edited by Steve123; 13-01-2010 at 06:42 AM.

Spyware doctor will help

Spyware doctor will help if Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 has been detected in your system. This is an anti-malware and are totally different from the normal antivirus. They stay in the background and look out for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. The applications or programs that are causing the particular malicious activities are simply eradicated from the system, thus keeping your system secure.
    Last edited by Milton.J; 13-01-2010 at 06:42 AM.

The manual deletion is tidy

The manual deletion is tidy because Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 is a trojan and they seem as genuine programs from outside. But, internally they work as a very destructive weapon for the attacker. If Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 is detected in the system, then I suggest you to uninstall the antivirus, restart the system and then, reinstall the antivirus. Then, update the antivirus and after that run an entire system scan and just remove all the infections that are detected during the scan. Hopefully your problem will be solved.
    Last edited by Zachary; 13-01-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Use AVG antivirus

Use AVG antivirus if Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 is detected in your system. This is a recommended antivirus by the experts, that is capable of removing all kinds of infections, that is virus, worms and even trojans. So, you just need to install it and then run a full scan of the system and then, remove all the unhealed infections that are found during the scan. This will possibly solve your problem.

Use the boot scan method

Use the boot scan method if Malware-Cryptor.Win32.Vals.5 has been detected in your system. Here is how to do it:
    1. Install Avast antivirus.
    2. Restart the system.
    3. The boot scan will start automatically.
    4. The infections will be also removed automatically.

This is the best solution to your problem.