Thread: Get rid of Packed.Generic.232

Get rid of Packed.Generic.232

I need some solutions to get rid of Packed.Generic.232, since this infection has entered my system, since a long time and I am not able to delete this infection by finding it manually. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. Please suggest me some good antivirus, that will help me to eradicate this infection from my system. Please reply with suitable remedies immediately.

Use AVG antivirus

Hello there, I suggest you to use AVG antivirus to get rid of Packed.Generic.232. This is a recommended antivirus by experts, that helps to remove all types infections including virus, worms as well as trojans. You just need to run a full system scan, after which you have to remove the unhealed infections that have been detected in during the scan.

Manually delete the infection

Manually delete the infection to get rid of Packed.Generic.232. You simply need to search and delete the following files:
    • %System%\lowsec\local.ds
    • %System%\lowsec\user.ds
    • %System%\lowsec\user.ds.lll
    • [file and pathname of the sample #1]
    • %System%\sdra64.exe

This may probably solve your problem.

Packed.Generic.232 is a trojan horse

Packed.Generic.232 is a trojan horse and hence, it is not that easy to manually get rid of Packed.Generic.232. Trojans, actually seem as genuine programs from outside, but internally they are a very dangerous destructive code, that can create many losses in your system. My advice to you is to format the system as soon as possible and install a fresh copy of the operating system, that you are using. If you keep the infection persisting in your system, it may also cause a system crash.

An anti-malware will help

An anti-malware will help to get rid of Packed.Generic.232. Spyware Doctor is a very good anti-malware. These security components are different from the normal antivirus. They actually stay in the background and look for the programs that are causing the malicious activities in the system. they simply remove them from the system, when it finds the applications and programs that are causing the problems.

Avast antivirus can help

Inorder to get rid of Packed.Generic.232, the Avast antivirus can help. First you need to uninstall any other antivirus, that you have installed in your system. This is because if you keep 2 antivirus in your system, then there is a possibility that it may cause conflicts. After you have installed Avast antivirus, the scan will start automatically after the system has been restarted. This scan is called as boot scan, since it starts before the operating system loads. This is an assured method to eradicate the infection from the system.