Thread: How to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system

How to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and my browser is IE8. The Avira antivirus, that I am using in my system has detected Win32/KollahCryptorB in my system. I do not know how to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system. The antivirus is not able to delete the infection from the system. Is there some manual removal method to get rid of this infection from my system? Please reply with suitable solutions as soon as possible.

Manually delete the infection

To eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system, manually delete the infection by deleting the following files:
    • asproxp.exe
    • Install_1_2_[1].exe
    • asproxp.exe
    • setup_1_2_[1].exe
    • setup_100525_2_[1].exe
    • system64.exe
    • bot.exe

It will possibly solve your problem.

Win32/KollahCryptorB is a trojan

You need to remember that, Win32/KollahCryptorB is a trojan and it is not that simple to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system. The reason is that trojans seem to be genuine program from outside, but internally they are a file that contains dangerous code that can cause a lot of harm on the system, may be even a system crash. So, I advice you to format the system and install a new copy of Windows in your system.

Use the boot scan method

I suggest you to use the boot scan method to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system. This feature is available with the Quick Heal antivirus, that i am suing in my system. I can assure you that it can remove any types of infection from the system, since it has helped me in my system, when any infection had entered into my system. The scan actually starts before Windows loads and hence all the infections remain inactive as they are not able to execute at this time, thus helping to remove all the infections in the system.

Use an anti-spyware

Use an anti-spyware like Spyware Doctor, since it is recommended by experts. This will help you to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system. The anti-spywares actually stay in the background and check out for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. The applications and programs that are causing problems in the system and simply removed from the system.

Use a well updated antivirus

Inorder to eradicate Win32/KollahCryptorB from the system, I suggest you to use a well updated antivirus and then scan the entire system, that is all your hard drives as well as the flash drives and that too, in safe mode. This is because the infections remain inactive when the system is in safe mode. Delete all the infections that are detected during thescan and hopefully your problem should be solved.