Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system

Networking & Security

Old 13-01-2010

Avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system

Hello friends, is there any method to avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system, that is installed with Windows Vista operating system? I am using AVG antivirus, that alerts me about this infection everytime I use the internet. I can successfully delete the infection, if it enters the system, but it enters all the time I use the internet. I cant understand why this is happening. So, I need some measures to keep my system safe from infections. Please help with suitable remedies.

Old 13-01-2010

Use a firewall

I suggest you to use a firewall to avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system. Here is how you can do it in your system:
  1. First, go to Start.
  2. Then, click on Control Panel.
  3. After that, go to Security.
  4. There, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
  5. Now, select ON.
  6. Lastly, click OK.
Old 13-01-2010

Do not open attachments from unknown users

Hello there, I advice you to not open attachments from unknown users to avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system. The attackers send mail to a lot of users that contain attachments with infections in it. It is sure that many unsuspected users fall prey to such attacks. You just need to be alert and be sure that you do not open all the email attachments anonymously.
Old 13-01-2010

Keep the system well updated

To avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system, I recommend you to keep the system well updated with the latest versions and updates of the softwares in your system. Here is how you can keep the Automatic Updates in your system on:
  • Click on Start.
  • There, go to Control Panel.
  • Now, click on System and Maintenance.
  • After that, click on Windows Updates.
  • There, you will have to select a setting. Select the recommended setting, that is automatic along with the time that you need to download the updates automatically in your system.
Old 13-01-2010

Keep the antivirus always updated

Keep the antivirus always updated to avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system. In this way, the database of the antivirus will be added with the new signatures of the infections that are newly created by the attackers. So, the infections will be detected and deleted if they enter into the system. This is a very good method to keep the system safe from infections.
Old 13-01-2010

Some tips

Here are some tips to avoid Win-Trojan/Zbot.62976.Q from entering the system:
  1. Always keep the Windows user account protected with strong passwords.
  2. Do not accept file transfers from unknown users.
  3. Do not click on unknown links.
  4. Do not download pirated softwares.
  5. Beware of social engineering.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , , ,