Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010

Help to remove TrojanDownloader: Win32/Bubnix.A

From the last week mu computer has been working real slow and some unknown processes were seen in the Task Manager which when I tried to terminate would cause my computer to reboot without any confirmation. I had installed Norton anti virus which did not detected any threat. But when I installed McAfee anti virus it detected TrojanDownloader: Win32/Bubnix.A. How to get rid of this Trojan Downloader?
Old 12-01-2010

Win32/Bubnix.A the Trojan

Win32/Bubnix.A is a trojan which is sent to your system through some malicious malware program. This trojan copies itself to the Temporary Files folder of Windows by using an arbitrary file name. To prevent itself from be recognized it keeps using some or the other random files names.
Old 12-01-2010

IP addresses for Win32/Bubnix.A trojan

I had this trojan attacking my desktop computer. I had researched a bit on this. This Trojan is also programmed to download Trojan Rootkit to the infected machine to cause severe harm on the infected machine. It is known to use the following IP Addresses to download the Trojan Rootkit:
Old 12-01-2010

Boot Bus Extender rootkit dwonloaded by Win32/Bubnix.A. trojan downloader

This trojan will attempt to connect to the internet to download the VirTool: Win32/Rootkit.BV, which is a trojan rootkit. It will download the trojan rootkit at <system folder>\driver\<random>.sys location. To safeguard the rootkit from been deleted by the anti virus the rootkit is registered with the kernel driver service and named Boot Bus Extender.
Old 12-01-2010

Enable the Windows firewall

To prevent your computer from attacks from such malicious program and other malware threats always enable the Windows Firewall. This will secure your computer from network threats. You may enable the Windows Firewall in Windows Vista in the following manner:
  1. Click on the Windows Orb(Start Button).
  2. Go to Control Panel and click on Security.
  3. Now click on the Windows Firewall.
  4. In here the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option is to be selected.
  5. Select On and click on OK.
Old 12-01-2010

Restore Windows

The Windows operating system inhabits a System Restore application which is very useful to restore Windows. This application simply will undo the settings to a selected safe point. Thus your computer settings are reverted back to a safer point. This application keeps a track of safe points in your system. You can choose a Safe point where in the Trojan or Virus was not present on your system.
Old 26-09-2010

unsure Re: Help to remove TrojanDownloader: Win32/Bubnix.A

I have tried many expensive software programs & found MS Security Essentials which is a free download from MS scanned & removed this virus - highly recommended

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,