Thread: TDSS.a!mem Removal problem

TDSS.a!mem Removal problem

Hello, I am using Windows xp operating system on my computer and recently got infected by the viruses. But, when I update my computers antivirus software I am able to remove all the viruses except TDSS.a!mem virus. It has infected to some files and it is not possible to clean them. Also if you try to delete it, you would not able to do that. If you know any solution then please provide me. I am using Norton Internet Security 2010 on my computer.

Re: TDSS.a!mem Removal problem

As you are not able to remove the TDSS.a!mem from your Norton Internet Security 2010 you need to use the Antivirus applications as below:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • BitDefender
    • F-Secure
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan

If you are not able to remove TDSS.a!mem from your Norton Internet Security 2010 then it is needed to shift over another antivirus application and you will able to solve your problem. You need to scan from the antivirus and when you find virus just delete it. There are many antivirus applications available which can you use. Also there are many websites available which can scan your computer as well as remove viruses from your computer.

You can simply try for the Trojan remover as follows:
    1. Trojan Remover 6.8.1
    2. MCS Trojan Remover 2.4.0.0
    3. TDS-3 Trojan Defence Suite 3.2.1
    4. AVIRA Removal Tool for Windows 2.0
    5. Loaris Trojan Remover 1.1

I think you can solve this virus problem if you make use of the Avast home edition. Just install the Avast Home Editon from the avast site and then you can able to scan your computer at boot time. So, that virus gets deleted. At boot time virus wont able to use your system files and also system resources. So, it will be possible to delete the virus at the time of boottime. So, just make use of the Avast home edition and solve your problem.

You need to again update your computer antivirus and then try again to delete that particular virus. As it is detecting that virus it may possible that it will delete all the related viruses when it will got next new updates. So, just try for it and then I think you will able to delete that virus. It will solve your problem. I am using Mcafee antivirus and sometimes it also does same problem, but after updating it few times it deletes those viruses afterwords.