Thread: Infected by Win32/Mydoom.Q worm

Infected by Win32/Mydoom.Q worm

I have the DELL Studio 17 laptop with me and configuration is Intel Core i5, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics, 4GB SDRAM, 512GB HDD, and Windows XP. I use the laptop of business purpose, but when i come to home, my son use it for gaming and internet purpose(like surfing, downloading various files, etc). I have installed the ESET trial version of antivirus. Recently, when i was working, suddenly got an alert saying "Found Win32/Mydoom.Q worm ". I don't know what should i do with worm and how to remove it. Please help me.

Re: Infected by Win32/Mydoom.Q worm

The alert you got indicates that your laptop is infected is by worm or virus you can say.The worm (i.e MyDoom.Q ) is a type of internet worm, which gets spreads through the emails and also by the file shared on the network. This worm would be of 21008 bytes in size. And think so this type of worm is written in MS C++ and is packed by UPX. In order to remove this worm, install the register version of antivirus like AVG or McAfee, which will be able to provided good security to your laptop.

According to me, the worm found W32/MyDoom-Q is usually a email worm. This worm will be spreading through a copy of email of itself to the addresses that finds on the local HDD in the files which has extensions like txt, html, xml, shtml, php, wab, etc. And also this worm will sends itself to yahoo people via yahoo search functionality on Yahoo site. To stop this worm to spread please first unistall the ESET antivirus and install licensed version of AVG, which will be able to help you.

The alert you got is of the worm which is found on your laptop and this has many alias like W32/Mydoom.S@MM, I-Worm.Mydoom.q, W32.Mydoom.Q@mm, WORM_RATOS.A. This worm is of PE executable 27136 bytes long packed with UPX file compressor and unpacked worm size is about 54KB. This type of worm will try to downloading of the executable files from 4 different URLs stored within its body, and harms/infect your pc more and more. So, if you want delete this worm, install the register version of antvirus which will help you in deleting it and will also get protection in future from this type of viruses and worms.

My studies about worms says that, W32.Mydoom.Q is one of the type of worm which is a mailing worm, which will download a executable file and will use its own SMTP engine to send itself to the email addresses that it finds on the infected computer. And the Backdoor.Nemog. is a file which is downloaded. This worm mainly gets spreds on operating system like Windows 95, 98, Me, Server 2003, and Windows XP. Uninstall the ESET antivirus, which is crap thing to keep on pc and install the McAfee Full version internet security, which will delete and protect your laptop from every virus, worms and trojan.

I think the alert you found is the indication that virus is been detected on your machine. The viruses are the program which will self-replicate continuous bases. There many viruses which have destructive payloads, but main motto of viruses is to spread themselves from one computer to another. This virus comes from the networking computer and also USB devices like the pen drive. So to keep your computer away from this type of viruses, install the register version of antivirus and you will be safe from many viruses.