Thread: How to install WOT on different browsers

How to install WOT on different browsers

Hi,
    I had searched for some web safety tools. Recently my browser was hacked and I discovered that someone has robbed my password. I had found a WOT tools which provides web security. How that works and what are features of the same. Second if I want to use the same on multiple browsers then how to install the same. Like for Mozilla Firefox or Safari. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install WOT on different browsers

When you are on the Internet, you switch quickly from one site to another. By following the various links you encounter, you can easily find yourself on a website that is not trusted. It is indeed very easy to find on a Web site offering dangerous files to download, integrating malicious scripts that could compromise the security of your computer or steal private data, etc.. It is safe to implement wot on your site.

While most current browsers offer antiphishing features to block access to sites that try to steal personal information by posing for a website (like your bank), that security is quite limited many sites and many other threats pass through this filter. With a WOT software you can not only visit a site safely but also evaluate the links in it.

With the software Web of Trust (WOT), you can tell in an instant if the website that you visit this risk. WOT comes in the form of an add-in installed in your browser. It adds to your browser a little icon that informs you a look of confidence in the current page. You can find out if the seller is reliable, if your data are managed legally, if the page is suitable for children, etc.. The information you are also given alongside the results returned when you search the Internet with Google or Yahoo Bing

In short, what help you avoid fake software, spoof sites, scam sites, sites that contain viruses or distributing software lousy, dishonest merchant sites, sites that try to steal your password, etc. To help avoid misleading sites, WOT is based on the opinions of Internet users to its active community (over 4 million members) as well as various specialized sources deemed as SpamCop, PhishTank and Co.. WOT is available as an add-adapted to Internet Explorer. Launch the tool and In the window that opens, you can select a level of protection. Leave the recommended level (basic) selected and click Finish.

WOT A new icon informs you of confidence that you can give the site you visit. CTo install the same for Firefox you have to get the download first from mywot site. Then install Firefox WOT. WOT is available as an add-suited to Firefox. Download the file and run then click Allow the warning bar that appears at the top of your browser window. In this way you will just need to have the proper addon extention for your proper browser.

WOT works with the sites you visit, the software also tells you the risk of results returned when you search Google, AOL, Ask, Yahoo, Wikipedia, etc..Try a search. WOT icon is displayed next to each result. A green icon indicates that the page is a priori reliable. A red icon indicates that the page is risky. If you try to access a page risky WOT warns you and you block access. If you know what you do, you can still bypass the blocking by clicking the link Ignore the warning and enter the site: at your own risk. To lighten the display when you search, you can choose to report the suspicious sites. Click on it for the WOT button then click Settings. Open the search section. Then check the Show only negative feedback. Finally, click on the Apply Settings button.