Thread: Infected by TROJ_PIDIEF.VF malware

Infected by TROJ_PIDIEF.VF malware

I am using the ASUS K70IC Notebook (Intel Core 2 Duo P8700, NVIDIA MCP79D Chipset , 6GB DDR2 800MHz Memory, 512GB HDD, DVD RW, Windows XP). I use it mostly for my business purpose only. But when i am at home, my son us ti for gaming and internet purpose. He download many things from internet and play online games also. I have install McAfee trial version of antivirus in laptop. Recently, it showed the alert that your system is infected by TROJ_PIDIEF.VF. I have no idea about this alert(malware), and don't how should i remove it?? Please help me out on this.

Re: Infected by TROJ_PIDIEF.VF malware

The malware(TROJ_PIDIEF.VF ) that have found your laptop is type of trojan horse. This trojan horse does not replicate itself. This Trojan got the attention from any media sources which is independent or other security firms, it medium risk threat. This threat exploits vulnerabilities in any acrobat or adobe file to drop/introduce the executable file name as BKDR_FENSED.A and execute it. To avoid trojan's like this must always protect your computer's with licensed or register version of antivirus, especially when using internet.

The TROJ_PIDIEF.VF is related to the trojan horse family. This trojan horse is a malicious programs that makes itself as a beneficial or entertainment program,which will damage the computer in many ways. It has capability to steal many important data (like passwords, credit card information,etc). If you using any trail version of antivirus then they easily break the security provided them and infects your computer. Always use the register licensed version of antivirus.

According to me, the malware found your notebook is trojan horse and it enters many be from from malicious spam email messages. This type of trojans cannot be removed easily from the machine, especially when using the trial version of antivirus. They get attention from the other security firms and media sources(youtube, facebook, etc). You always use licensed version of antivirus and must also updated it on every day basis, because your son is using internet on daily basis.

This malware(TROJ_PIDIEF.VF) can be easily removed from your machine. But firstly have to remove the McAfee antivivrus from laptop and then download and install the TrendMicro. After installing the TrendMicro follow the below steps:
    1] Disable the System Restore option in your laptop.
    2] Always keep the Acrobat Reader and Adobe Update, with disable option.
    3] Keep the machine on FULL Scanning and remove the all the infected files. The infected can be from name:BKDR_FENSED.A or TROJ_PIDIEF.VF
    4] Now search for the file :%User Temp%\Federal Tax Law Changes for 2010 - 2017.pdf and delete this file also.
    Hope your problem get solved.

My knowledge about this TROJ_PIDIEF.VF trojan is that, it has a malicious program which will be attached to a email spam or abuse other malicious programs to break into the computer. It performs the activities of infecting other files with help of security holes and infects your computer more and more. It has advantage of a infecting in certain versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat. This infection helps attacker to execute its code in PDF file. Make your antivirus updated and check you can remove it or not.