Thread: Infected of Downloader-BWS trojan

Infected of Downloader-BWS trojan

I have the Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop with me and configuration :Intel Core2 Duo Processor , ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670-2GB, 6GB RAM, 512GB HDD, Windows XP. I use internet on daily basis. Use internet for surfing and downloading movies songs,etc and visit many unknown. Use McAfee free version antivirus. Few days back, got an alert Downloader-BWS trojan detected. Please tell how to overcome this problem.

Re: Infected of Downloader-BWS trojan

According to me, Downloader-BWS is a Trojan detection. And this trojan do not self-replicate. They will spread manually, and under the expectation that they are beneficial. Most commonly found method of its infection is, the user unknowingly executing program which made by attacker to exploit the security. The distribution channels including email, hacked Websites, IRC,P2P networks, etc. You should install the register version of antivirus to be safe from this type of attack.

The Downloader.BWS is one of the type of Trojan and it is consider to be medium risk threat This trojan will try to do downloading of an executable file from internet and it will allow hackers to gain access and full control over the infected computers. In order to get safe from this trojan, always use the register or licensed version of antivirus. In your case, it is because of using the free version of McAfee and not been updated think so.

My knowledge about trojans says that, the Downloader-BWS trojan is low risk threat and this trojan mostly create a file named "c.exe". Its length would be around 169,984 bytes and CRC would be 39752189. The general defaults for typical path variables are:
    %WinDir% = \WINDOWS (Windows/XP)
    %ProgramFiles% = \Program Files
    I would suggest you to update the McAfee completed and then try to remove it and also make it the register version, which will give you more power to handle this kind of trojan.