Thread: Temporary Internet Files are missing

Temporary Internet Files are missing

Hello,
    I have a problem I can not solve and I count on your knowledge to help me find the solution. Well, I'm on Windows XP. My "Temporary Internet Files" is invisible. I can see all hidden files because I always leave the PC like this but in the "Local Settings" folder containing the normally hidden "Temporary Internet Files" there is not or at least it is not actually visible because it is present. Indeed, after trying to delete history and cookies by clicking right mouse on the "IE" in the office and go to "Properties" and "Browsing History" then "Delete" I found that nothing was deleted. So I went into "settings" from the browsing history and then I clicked on "View Files" and then opened a window bearing the name "Temporary Internet Files" containing miles of Cookies Despite having removed a second before. I tried to manually delete 1 but nothing worked. I then got back into the parent folder using the arrow adequate and there I found myself in the "Local Settings" folder but no "Temporary Internet Files". Finally, to be sure I was not crazy and that the file was there but invisible, I created a folder with the same name (Temporary Internet Files) on my desk, I cut and pasted into the folder "Local Settings" and then a message asked me if I wanted to replace that of the same name exists (but I did not see). I said ok, hoping that it would solve the problem but nothing ... it has replaced but did not crash and I do not always see. In short I am the same point, I do not know how to reappear my folder "Temporary Internet Files" to finally empty.
    Normally, this file is that there => c: \ Documents and Settings \ Owner \ Local Settings \ temporary Internet Files \
    Thank you to those who take the time to read and respond. If you need additional info, let me know.
    Last edited by Remedy; 08-01-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Re: Temporary Internet Files are missing

Hi
    You have also displayed View system files (I do not think too it whatsoever, and I have XP, but just in case ...)? I then got back into the parent folder using the arrow adequate and there I found myself in the "Local Settings" folder but no "Temporary Internet Files". Finally, to be sure I was not crazy and that the file was there but invisible, I created a folder with the same name (Temporary Internet Files) on my desk, I cut and pasted into the folder "Local Settings" and then a message asked me if I wanted to replace that of the same name exists.

Hi
    Yes I did a test by checking the visibility of system files but nothing changed, still no Temporary Internet Files. Thank you anyway. I wonder if this is not my SUPERAntiSpyware to me turned, I noticed that after cleaning the hard drive, he had fired all the "uninstal" all my programs. I have saved some but probably not all. Maybe it's something like that happened or when it is following the damage caused by a virus! I do not know, I await your advice Thank you.

Hi
    Un-install all fired. What is this program? It attacks your hard drive with a chainsaw. Small hypothesis, this program has moved the temporary file for the stash also supervised ? Do a search time on the whole disc. I think you are running some anti-virus software, I feel that this software is deleting your temporary files for the computer.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 08-01-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Hi
    No anti virus can guarantee a complete disinfection. For added security applies this procedure and submit reports to the Security forum and malware.
    It is possible that your antispyware or antivirus have your hidden (more efficiently than the hidden attribute for Windows) a few directories they thought, wrongly or rightly, critical. It is entirely possible by hacking the registry, but I forgot what is the trick.

Hello
    I would like to give you some tips
    - Workstation
    Right-click on your hard drive -> Properties
    -click Disk Cleanup
    - In the list of files to delete (the ones you can check), there is "Temporary Internet Files"
    - So you click on it (the blue bar should be highlighted above) and you choose, below, the button "view files"
    Just try this and see if the files are visible.