Thread: Apple iPod touch wi-fi problems

Apple iPod touch wi-fi problems

I recently got an Apple iPod touch 32g for Christmas. Now the problem is that i'm able to use the wi-fi, but can't get it 2 connect on the Apple iPod touch. So, can any body tell me that why i'm having Apple iPod touch wi-fi problems? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Apple iPod touch wi-fi problems

Do you have your router set for 802.11g connections (not 802.11n or other)? The technical issue is that the IP address the itouch is using expires and you need to renew regularly which most people dont do until theres a problem. Do you have MAC filtering on your router turned on? Does your router correctly fill in the DHCP information on your iPod Touch (e.g., the router, DNS, IP, etc.)?

If your ISP has cut off your internet access, what answers can anyone here possibly provide? To fix the above problem go into settings, tap on wifi, connect to your wireless network, once connected tap the blue arrow, next to your connected network, in the DHCP tab scroll to the bottom of the page, Tap the Renew Lease button 3 times then it will update your IP address and it should work.

Verify the Wi-Fi router can broadcast an 802.11b/g signal. Many Wi-Fi networks can be used free of charge, and some require a fee. To join a Wi-Fi network at a hot spot where charges apply, in most cases you can open Safari to see a webpage that allows you to sign up for service. If using a 802.11n Wi-Fi router, consult the manual/documentation for how to configure the Wi-Fi router for 802.11b/g compatibility. There is a 10 digit number on the bottom of your router, enter that number as your password. That is what worked for me.

If asked for password enter your WEP or WAP key and click on Join button, wait few moments and then see if you are connected. Test with your safari browser. The solutions range from resetting the network settings to restoring the device back to a bare 3.0 install, which erases all data. No worries there, since you can always re-sync your device with the information on its host computer, assuming you have a current backup.

DHCP settings come from your router. You do not even need an Internet connection in order for your DHCP to work. This is exactly what has happened to several of the iPod Touches that our school has deployed - with the 2.2 wifi works perfect, and with 3.1 it looks like everything is connected, but simply hangs when trying to load a web page.