Thread: Message displaying Security tool installed Successfully.

Message displaying Security tool installed Successfully.

Help!!! I was using my computer happily on which i have installed windows 7. Suddenly i got the message displaying that Security tool installed Successfully. When i clicked on OK button then it opened and after scanning it has detected some viruses on my computer but in fact there were no viruses when i scanned my computer by other spyware. How does it happening ? From where this spyware came to in to my computer ?

Your computer is infected by Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG

I think your computer has been infected by Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG because the symptoms which you are talking about on your computer are shown by this trojan. But i am bit surprised that it is not detected by the another spyware also. It might happen that you would not be having the latest version of the spyware by which you have scanned your computer for the second time. This trojan will show you the fake anti virus system on your computer which is just like screen shots of the anti virus system. It is not actually scanning your computer.

Technical Description of Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG

Once you starts with this then it moves to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx.exe where xxxxxxxx indicates 8 letter name which contains only numerical digits. Then it adds some entries to the registry. It adds with the name xxxxxxxx in key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and it contains the path where it has been moved which makes it running at the time of windows start up.

Install Avast anti virus.

As your real anti virus system did not detect the Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG, There would be some serious problem with your spyware. I suggest you to install a new one named AVAST. A feature of most of our programs is their ability to update themselves automatically. If you are connected to the Internet, virus database updates are downloaded and installed automatically without any user action. Click to download it.

Delete Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG.

Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG is a virus which might have affected your computer. As per your saying, it could be some other virus also but it would definitely of type Fake Alert. Because in such kind of viruses, Fake window of anti virus software have displayed. Ultimate goal behind this virus is just to make you have full version of those anti virus.