Thread: How to check the computer is hacked

How to check the computer is hacked

Hi,
    I feel that some one has hacked my computer and deleted my files. Also some one is sending mails from my email id. This I came to know when I got complains from my friends of sending abusive material in the content. But the same I checked there was not clue in the mail box. My files are corrupted and some are deleted. Is there a way to check that is my computer is hacked or not. If yes then how to do that.

Re: How to check the computer is hacked

There are some tools and utilities which can help you to check out that your computer is hacked or not. First download and install Fport. It is a console utility. This file run as the cmd. When you run the program the application scans the numer of TCP/UDP ports on your computer. This helps you to determine that which program or service is using that port. You can also identify Trojans from it.

Why don't you try TCPView. TCPView monitors activity on the site TCP / IP on your system. Unlike monitoring tools TCP / IP come with Windows (like netstat), TCPView shows what process is associated with each TCP / IP. It facilitates the determination of the application that is responsible for the activity and connectivity features. TCPView also offers a dynamic view, not available in other utilities, which shows the action of TCP / IP real-time process.

I will recommend you to use Process Explorer. Process Explorer allows monitoring the activity of the process being used by the system. It is thus possible to determine the folders, files and registry keys that an application has accessed. Process Explorer is also able to indicate the application has a DLL loaded into memory. For each process you can view detailed information such as performance, network access made, etc.. Process Explorer can be used instead of Task Manager summary provided by Windows. It can also be reduced to an icon ready clock so as not to clutter up your taskbar. Finally, if you have any doubts about a process, the software allows you to search Google in a few clicks, to be set on the source program.

NTFSDOS can read and write NTFS partitions of Windows NT and Windows 2000 in circumventing the protection system files. The software comes on a single floppy disk installed on a Windows NT 4 or Windows 2000 (Workstation or Server version). At this stage, the program creates two diskettes. The first contains the software to access partitions adapted to operating system (NT 4 or 2000) which he copied some components. The second contains a utility for verifying NTFS able to detect and repair errors. The first diskette created was not bootable, the user must absolutely have an MS-DOS startup to use the NTFS-DOS Software Pro.

FileAlyzer is specifically designed for experienced programmers who wish to carefully analyze the contents of their files. This application provides information on the properties and contents of our files and interprets the content common to several files. One more tool can help you which is Dameware NT Utilities. This will help you to administer remotely a particular computer or a group of computer.