Thread: Tips to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system

Tips to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system

Hello eveyone, I am using Windows Vista Home Premium operating system and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. The antivirus that I use in my system is AVG. I need someone to give me some tips to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system. When I was searching the internet for keeping the system secure, I found this infection with the name Win32.Zbot.gex. How does this infection enter into the system? Please help with the information I need.

Use a firewall

To use a firewall is the best tip to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system. Here is how you can enable the firewall in your system with Windows Vista:
    1. Firstly, go to Start.
    2. Then, click on Control panel.
    3. After that, click on Security.
    4. There, Go to Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    5. Then, select ON.
    6. Finally, click OK.

Keep the antivirus updated

My tip to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system is to keep the antivirus updated. so, if the infection enters into the system, the antivirus will be able to alert its entry into the system as well as able to eradicate it from the system. The AVG antivirus that you are using is a recommended antivirus by many experts. The only thing to keep in mind is to keep its database well updated from time to time.

Get the latest computer updates

An important tips to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system is to get the latest computer updates. Here is how you can turn the Automatic Updates on:
    • Go to Start.
    • Now, click on Control Panel.
    • There, select System and Maintenance.
    • Now, click on Windows Updates.
    • There, you need to select a setting. Select AUTOMATIC, which is a recommended setting.

Stop downloading pirated softwares

To stop downloading pirated software is one of the best tip to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system. The attackers generally embed the infections along with the pirated software because they know that many unsuspecting users will fall prey to such an attack, since the users keep looking for pirated software on the internet. so, when you download the pirated software, you will be actually downloading the infection into the system.

Use Quick Heal antivirus

There are many tips to avoid Win32.Zbot.gex from entering the system. But, if the infection enters into the system, use Quick Heal antivirus. This antivirus provides the feature of boot scanning, that helps to remove the infections before the operating system loads. This is so because the scan actually starts when the system starts. So, the infections are not able to execute at this time because of which they remain inactive. So, this the best security component that you can trust on if any infection enters into the system.