Thread: Tips for avoiding conficker

Tips for avoiding conficker

How to avoid Conficker and mistakes to avoid committing. I had found some one on my computer. It is really a nasty threat. Even I have a antivirus protection and still it is making my system miserable. How to remove that and provide a proper security from it. I need some details on the same. I want the tips for avoiding conficker.
    Last edited by Balamani; 08-01-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Do a Windows Update

Do a Windows Update in this the first rule is, it may seem apparent but which is not given the number of infected machines: run a Windows Update. Note that the infected machines, ensuring Conficker disable Windows Update and maintain the disabled. If you experience problems with Windows Update on your computer, download direct patch that fixes the flaw exploited by Conficker by following the appropriate link. Link for XP and Link for Vista.

Verify that the patch is installed

To verify that the patch is installed you can either use a program like Belarc Advisor or Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor, or simply to set the following: go to Control Panel, the Executive Add / Remove Programs or simply uninstall program in Vista, then check Show updates or in Vista click on Show all updates installed and verify that the hotfix KB958644 is installed in all the section of the Windows updates, while bottom of the list.

Re: Tips for avoiding conficker

Check Conficker that is not already more or less on your system. For this, the easiest is to use the tool of detection / removal of malware Microsoft.Click on this link, then click Download, click Run, Run again, then Next, then complete analysis and then click Next again. At the end of the scan, click View detailed results of research to verify everything is OK and that Conficker was not detected.

Conficker may also spread by infecting files shared on the network. It is therefore essential, if you have multiple machines on the network or NAS disk drive connected to the network, to scan these areas potentially infected. Use your antivirus if the latest generation 2009 edition. Otherwise, use a scan line by calling a custom scan and selecting the network drives. For example you can use Panda ActiveScan.

It is very likely account management devices and robotically scans the keys once they are introduced into the system. If you have any doubts on the subject, you can as a security measure to prevent the automatic execution of programs with the introduction of a key. It spreads, like the other new malware, infecting the USB key. You should have an antivirus which is of the latest edition.