Thread: Mutliple networks on eDonkey

Mutliple networks on eDonkey

Hi,
    I want to configure multiple network in my office. Basically we are using a single server network. This network is used to access internet and a software. Now if I can create more networks then I can assign a single network for each and every software which we are going to run. The other option for me it to use eDonkey. Is eDonkey enough good for handling multiple server networks. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mutliple networks on eDonkey

To overcome the deficiencies introduced by a single server, an improvement is to replace the central server through a network of servers. The best known example is probably the eDonkey network. In such networks, it differs again very good customers' servers. These are indeed two completely separate programs. The server is once again a powerful machine (usually) dedicated to run the program.

The servers in eDonkey are able to connect them with each other. You can have multiple independent networks. When a client starts the software, then it is obliged to choose a server to connect. For this he must know at least one server. Server lists are. available on the net, the problem then lies in the fact of choosing the right. To do this, the client software can provide a description of each server with its name, IP, a description (done by the server owner), the ping, the number of users, the maximum number of users and the number of files shared.

The eDonkey network aims to enable the sharing of large files multiple sources has two peer networks: the clients and servers. Server knows the location of the documents contained in clients that are connected to him, then the client will store pieces of files. While the other problems of a server is to be known publicly.

Files are uniquely identified by the algorithm MD4 on the server location. To enable a better sharing of files, they are divided into segments of 9 MB each. Once a segment is complete, it is shared by the client. This system allows for a greater number of people with the file, making it easier to obtain, since another feature of eDonkey is downloading from multiple sources. A final interesting point is the spread between the sources of customers.

Viewpoint server as client / server, the servers here have specific software that allows customers to connect explicitly. To facilitate the user choice, the software allows you to see more information about the server, as the name or ping, but also more specific information such as the maximum number of customers, the number of users connected, or the number shared file. The servers are not directly connected with one another, as is the case with other types of networks (eg Kazaa).