Thread: Problem in making PC Network Workgroup.

Problem in making PC Network Workgroup.

Hello friends,
    I am owner of one IT company, I am in trouble, recently I upgrade my all the computers, I change the configuration of all my network computers, and I also upgrade the operating system also currently I use the windows 7 operating system. But the problem is when I try to make a network but I am not able to see my all computers in network. Also not able to see option where we add the new computers with new IP. So any one here to help me, how I solve this problem?

Re: Problem in making PC Network Workgroup.

I have the solution for that just uses the following steps
    • Click on Start→Control Panel→System. Then you see System Properties dialog box. pears.
    • Click the Continue button if you’re prompted with a User Account Control, its security warning.
    • Then click on Changhe Button, this is for changing the computer Name/Domain
    • Then you see the Member Of area, select the option labeled Workgroup and type the name of the workgroup. Or you enter the name of an existing workgroup or create a new name for your workgroup here. The workgroup name should be short, with no spaces.
    • Clicks OK three times to close windows. Here you want to close the Computer Name Changes dialog box, the welcome message, and the restart message.
    • Then you can also close the Control Panel window.
    • Restart Windows.
    • Then open Network place here you view all the computers in Networks.
    This will help you to create a PC Network Workgroup.

I think there is some network card problem with your system, here your problem is your all system are not view in your network group. I think for that you have to check your all the network cards, I sure there some problem in your network card, because there is some computers where you see in the network but others are not able to see in the network, this problem occurs when we change the hardware configuration, some our hardware are not able to support the network card and I think because this you not able to make your PC Network Workgroup.

I am network engineer, before the some days ago I also face this same problem, when you make Computer Network, and any node not give any response to server that time you have to start the checking or troubleshooting from this system, when your any network node are not give you response then you have format this system and check the all the hardware configuration of this system. I think this will help you to making PC Network Workgroup.

This is not big issue for making a Computer Network Workgroup. In Windows Vista network is that each computer's workgroup must be the same, and all the nodes are view in the work group and they will also to "see each other" on the local network. For that you have set up every computer in the network.
    • For making Network Group use following the instructions.
    • Start -> right click on My Computer
    • Computer Name >Change here you find your workgroup name inside the Computer Name Changes window
    • Change the name of your computer, this is name will represent the node on the network workgroup.
    • Then press OK.
    • Then restart the computer, so it will To allow changes to take place