Thread: Keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991

Keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991

Is there any method to keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with Kaspersky antivirus and whenever I surf the net using Internet Explorer 8 browser, I get alerts of Trojan.Generic.1051991 and other such infections in my system. I cannot understand why this is happening. Sometimes, while downloading softwares too, I keep getting such kind of alerts. I just keep ignoring them, but now I think that if I do not take them seriously, my system will be in a very poor state.

Enable a firewall

I suggest you to enable a firewall to keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991. Here is how to go about it:
    • Click on Start.
    • Now, go to Control Panel.
    • There, click on Security.
    • Then, click on Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF.
    • There, select ON.
    • Lastly, click OK.

Always keep the system up to date

Always keep the system up to date to keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991. For this purpose, turn the automatic updates on as follows:
    1. Go to Start.
    2. Then, click on Contol Panel.
    3. There, click on System and Maintenance.
    4. Here, go to Windows Updates.
    5. You will have to select a setting here. It is recommended that you select Automatic and set a time that is suitable to you do download all the updates. Of you do not select automatic, then a balloon will appear in the tray, which will help you to download all the updates.

Stop downloading pirated softwares

To keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991, I advice you to stop downloading pirated softwares. This is why you may be getting infection alerts while downloading. Actually, you may be downloading a pirated software. Many a times, the attacker embeds the infection along with the pirated software because he knows that many users will fall prey to such an attack. The users will download the pirated softwares and ultimately download the infections into their system.

Do not open Email attachments from unknown users

Do not open Email attachments from unknown users to keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991. Many a times the attacker sends the infected file attached with Email. The unsuspecting user opens it and ultimately fall prey to them. It is always recommended that you open only those attachments from the users that are known to you. This is a way to avoid infections from entering into the system.

Beware of file transfers from unknown users

Inorder to keep system safe from Trojan.Generic.1051991, you should beware of file transfers from unknown users. The attacker generally poses as a friendly user and after some nice chatting with you, he may tell you to accept some file transfer that he may express as a very good file. But, such files generally contain infections. It is your responsibility to be sensitive and to avoid such file transfers. Hopefully, it is a good tip to solve your problem.