Thread: Malwarebytes cannot delete an infected file

Malwarebytes cannot delete an infected file

I need some help because my Malwarebytes is unable to remove the infected file on my laptop!

I got a virus that changed the clock on my computer each ignition and removed my screen. Then I downloaded Malwarebytes, then I performed a full scan. The software has quarantined the infected items (I dare not remove them completely). Now my PC works fine but when I ran a quick scan with Malwarebytes, I always found an infected file (C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\jadwqcnu.sys (Trojan.Agent)). Yet, I ask him to remove each scan (also, in its report, Malwarebytes tells about the file: "Quarantined and deleted successfully"), but I find it every time.

I know what to do: will I have to ask Malwarebytes completely remove this file (and the other with)? Is do I have to use another tool?

Here's my setup:

PC laptop with Windows 7
    - Antivirus: Avast (free)
    - Anti-malware: Malwarebytes
    - Firewall Windows 7

Re: Malwarebytes cannot delete an infected file

First thing to do, edit your previous message and delete the reports, except moderation will close about you, what would be a shame. You can delete the quarantine of malwarebytes.

Downloads Rooter on your desktop. Disconnects from internet and close all running applications. Runs Rooter and leave the work until the appearance of the report in the notepad. Then post the report in your next reply with the reports attached to it.

And also:

Download Random's system information tool (RSITY) and save it on your desktop. Double click on RSIT.exe to launch the tool. On Vista, right-click the file and choose "Run as administrator". Click on "continue" screen disclaimer. If the tool HijackThis (current version) is not present or not detected on your computer, download the RSITY and you must accept the license. Once the scan is finished, two reports will be generated, only one will appear, this is the log.txt, the second info.txt will be open but in the task bar.

Both reports are stored on your hard drive at the root of C: \

Here is the path => C:\RSITY\log.txt & C:\RSITY\info.txt

Reminder: (CTRL + A to select all, CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste)

I followed your instructions, but I encounter 2 problems:

- When I download rooter, this message appears: "The bandwidth or page view limit for this site has been exceeded and the page can be viewed at this time. Once the site is below the limit, it will once again begin serving as normal".

- I downloaded RSITY. The tool starts to run but after the screen disclaimer, this message appears: "Error: Variable used without being declared." In searching the forums, the recommended solution is to insert the Windows CD after typing a code (but where the type or paste? My Windows CD is actually a CD Asus upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 , is it-that's enough?

Rooter is not available and the infection that prevent the execution of RSITY. Not really the joys of computing, but infections, sometimes it's not so simple. We'll go straight to the heavy artillery:

For the attention of those passing on this topic

The following software is not used lightly and can do damage if misused! Do this only if a forum helper who knows well the tool is recommended.

Disable all your protection software!
    • Download ComboFix (by sUBs) on your Office
    • Double-click ComboFix.exe to run.
    • It will ask you to install the Recovery Console: agrees.
    • Do not touch anything during the scan.
    • When the search is completed, a report will appear. Send me the link where I can read the report.

I have sent you the PM for the link.

FYI, when I restart my pc the following message appeared:

"Problem during startup C:\Users\Seb\App Data\Local\rasusrd8\rasusrd8.dll
    The specified module could not be found. "

And the shortcuts were gone from the office (and my screen). After the 3rd reboot, the shortcuts are income, but not the screen.