Thread: How to delete Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd from my personal computer?

How to delete Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd from my personal computer?

My Accer laptop is infected with Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd, but the AVG scan antivirus can detect its presence in my laptop but cannot delete it. My system has become extremely slow and I think that it is the result of the infection in my laptop. I need to know the deletion technique of Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd. What do these types of infections do in the system that the system becomes slow? I am not familiar with threats in the computer, so I need suitable help. I am using window 7 operating system.

Re: Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd is self replicating malicious code

Actually worms are self replicating malicious code which keeps on multiplying. For doing this they consume the memory and the processing power of the system. This results in the slow processing of the system. The threat of this worm is of very low level at the starting stage. This Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd goes on multiplying till it consumes all the available memory spaces of the system. I will suggest you to download any other antivirus software for deleting this worm from your computer system.

Re: Upgrade your antivirus

If your antivirus is detecting this Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd on your system then it must be able to delete it from your computer system. According to me you must upgrade your antivirus software. I am sure after upgrading your system you will be able to eradicate this worm from your laptop. If that does not work then go for the avast antivirus which is available for free on its official site. You can download this and use this antivirus software for free.

Re: Method used by Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd to spread

Autorun.vmd worm spreads by copying itself to removable storage devices like pen drives. It also drops several copies of itself in the infected system and network drives. Additionally it attempts to place autorun.inf in the root directory. So that infected file will be executed next time when the drive is accessed.
    When the worm file is executed, copies itself to Windows folder with a random file name in the background. Then it modifies registry services section to load automatically on the next startup. Autorun worm creates following file in the removable drive like pen drive
    <Pen Drive Root>\autorun.inf
    Several variants of Autorun worm reported in the wild. It is also known as W32/Autorun.Worm.Gen, Autorun Worm, W32.SillyFDC, Mal/SillyFDC-A.

Re: Solo antivirus

For removing this Worm.Win32.Autorun.Vmd from your laptop you must go for Solo antivirus this antivirus is available for free. This antivirus comes with 30 days trial version. I have used this antivirus and completely satisfied with the performance. You can download the 30 days version and if you think that this antivirus is help full to you than you can buy this.

Re: Preventive measures to avoid virus problem

Antivirus programs will definitely remove this worm from your laptop, but your must follow some preventive measures to avoid problems like these. You must enable your firewall settings and use the strong password for your system. Do not forget to upgrade your antivirus and all the other software you are using with your operating system. Regularly scan you computer system for avoiding unknown threats. Following these steps will surely help you to avoid maximum number of virus problem.