Thread: How to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.A

How to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.A

Hi,

I have a windows xp on my computer. My pc is infected with TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.A virus . Mcafee detected it and I even moved to Quarantined but the pop up comes again and again. I have even tried to use Ad-Aware and Stinger to get rid of it but no gain. So I want to know How should I remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.A safely without affecting my system ???

Re: How to remove TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.A

In order to remove the virus from memory, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and Task Manager, find the process you run. Exe file, if you know what you run. Process - it launched in memory of the computer program. Keep in mind that the virus may be renamed itself and the name of the process differs from the name of the file. Or, you can not know for what file you clicked. In this case, to find out the name of the virus processes you need to know what processes are normal for your computer, and what does not. Here is a list of processes that exist in a typical task manager:

services.exe - Service Control Manager is responsible for starting, stopping and interaction with system processes

explorer.exe - shell system, with which you have a desktop, shortcuts, Start button, system tray for an hour and the taskbar. You can remove this process and start again by clicking "New Task" and write «explorer».

svchost.exe - various system services. There may be more, and depending on the type of number may vary.

spoolsv.exe - Printer Spooler. The process which is responsible for printing to the printer.

lsass.exe, csrss.exe, smss.exe, winlogon.exe - system processes
    system - the kernel

Idle - this time the processor, which is accessible to applications. If you do not run then the value of consumption the processor should be close to 100%. If you do not run and the omission of small, look for a process which loads the processor, using the sort on CPU (click on the column heading CPA). Notice how the process of how much CPU time and memory consumption.

If your computer has various programs in the processes necessarily mean that it will be the normal software. By name you can guess which program a process belongs. For example nvctl - process cards NVidia. Keep in mind that some crafty viruses can be named as a system process, only the disk is not found c:\windows\system32, but in some other place.

To delete TrojanDropper:Win32/Ponmocup.Aclick> Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> SystemRestore and verification is available restore point or not and if the restore point available to restore the system. You can also remove virus by deleting all files in prefetch by going to C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch and reboot and install anti virus and anti-virus AVG Download trial version with Firewall because it is an excellent anti-virus program and scan your computer.

Simply create a new user and restart the computer and log on to the new user and delete old user and computer file or ask you to save the old user files or not. Choose Yes and then click> Start> Run and type msconfig and click the boot to eliminate all startup items and services click services hide all Microsoft services and other options without mark and reboot the computer.

You can try Kaspersky Anti-Virus - a very powerful anti-virus toolkit. Download free Kaspersky Anti-Virus, then you need you get license key for activation, after that verify the same and your Kaspersky will be fully activated. Some free Anti-Virus have a limited capacity so try a full version antivirus.