Thread: How to remove virus "Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot"?

How to remove virus "Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot"?

I am using windows 7 on my personal computer. I am using AVG scan antivirus for security. From last week my antivirus is giving me an alert message that “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot” is detected on my personal computer. When I tried to delete this virus from my computer it is deleted but when I rebooted my personal computer antivirus is giving me the same message again. If my antivirus is giving me an alert message then one thing is for sure that “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot” is a virus. I just want to get rid of this virus from my personal computer. I will be waiting for any
    Last edited by CAROLG; 04-01-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Re: Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot steals confidential information

Your antivirus has detected virus name “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot” in your personal computer. Basically these kinds of virus come in the category of Trojans. Trojans are the non self replicating programs. Means Trojans are not like worms or viruses which replicate it to consume memory space of your computer. Trojans are designed to target intended users. Means they are designed to steal confidential information from the user. So I will suggest you to buy another antivirus and get rid of this Trojan from your personal computer.
    Last edited by Milton.J; 05-01-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Re: How to remove virus "Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot"?

Trojan does not cause high damage to your personal computer. But the information Trojans steal from your personal computer may cause high damage to your personal computer. I will try to explain you with an example. Trojans can steal your banking credential from your personal computer, which can be used by hacker to access your bank account. I will suggest you to buy MacAfee antivirus to delete this Trojan from your personal computer.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 05-01-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Re: Upgrade your antivirus

If your antivirus is detecting the Trojan in your personal computer then it must be able to delete this “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot” from your personal computer. I think the problem is with the up-gradation of your antivirus. Before buying any new antivirus I will suggest you to up-grade your current antivirus. I think up-grading your antivirus will solve your problem.
    Last edited by Snake08; 05-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Re: Technical details related to Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot

The technical details and the method used by this trojan to attack the victims computer is given may be this will help you to tackle this “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot” in peaceful manner.
    Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Otb trojan is spammed via e-mail and it usually arrives with attachment MTCN_NR8621982.zip which contains the file MTCN_NR8621982.exe.
    The infected mail subject will be
    Western Union Transfer MTCN: <random characters>
    The infected mail message body will be
    Dear Client!

The money transfer you have sent on the 13th of April hasn't been received by the recipient.
    Due to the Western Union regulation the transfers which are not collected in 15 days are to be returned to sender.
    To collect funds you need to print the invoice attached to this e-mail and visit the nearest Western Union office.

Thank you!

[<domain name> : nospam]
    [EMAILID: <random characters>@<domain name>]
    [TIME:<variable date and time>]
    The infected mail Attachment will be
    MTCN_NR8621982.zip
    When the infected e-mail attachment is executed, it copies to Windows system folder and modifies the registry to load automatically on next startup.
    It also download and installs serveral malicious files in the infected system. This trojan is also known as Trojan.Win32.Agent2.jgm, Troj/Agent-JUR, TR/Spy.ZBot.kac, Trojan.PWS.Panda.114, W32/Trojan3.APX, Win32/Spy.Zbot.JF. Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Otb variant appeared on 12th May 2009.
    Last edited by Zachary; 05-01-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Re: Method to remove Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot

I was also suffering with the same virus problem named as “Trojan.Spy.Win32.Zbot.Sot”. I got the solution for this problem which I will like to share with you. First I tried to update my current antivirus program but it just gone in waste. Then I switched to Solo anti-virus. Solo anti-virus antivirus deleted this trojan from my personal computer without any problem. I will suggest you, not to go for any other antivirus, just download the free version of Solo anti-virus from its official site and this will surely solve your problem.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 04-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.