Thread: What is Wireless Wide Area Network?

What is Wireless Wide Area Network?

Hi,
    I know about the Wireless technology and I also know about the Wide Area Network. Can anyone who gives me maximum information about the Wireless Wide Area Network. Tell me something about which networking technology use here. What is the speed of Wireless Wide Area Network? Which Switched is use for Packet Sending?

Re: What is Wireless Wide Area Network?

I have some idea about this Wireless Wide Area Network. Wireless Wide Area Network Is Wireless Network Technology. Currently we use this technology in our Cell Phones here we use the Mobile Telecommunication Cellular Network Technologies; In Cellular Network Technologies use Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. This technology gives the access to the Microwaves. This technology we currently use in Wireless Metropolitan Area Network

Wireless Wide Area Network we use with UMTS, GPRS, CDMA2000, GSM, CDPD, Mobitex, HSDPA or 3G for transferring the data. Using Wireless Wide Area Network we can transfer data but the low speed, currently we don’t have that much Broadband speed. Using WiFI connection we can able to access the Internet. Some Cellular companies provide this technology regionally, nationwide, or even globally and are provided by a wireless service provider on high payment basis.

Wireless Wide Area Network allow us to connect laptops with internet using Wireless Wide Area Network card to surf the web and give the accessibility to their email, also we use the cellular Radio using Wireless Wide Area Network. Wireless Wide Area Network use the Packet Switched Data Network for GPRS and Circuit Switched for Dial-Up Connections. But Radio communication is not a physically secure connection because of only there are lots of Radio Frequencies.

Here we discus something about Range of this Network. Wireless Wide Area Network allows us to make connect with the long range communication, which communication are impossible to implement with the use of wires. This long range mostly use in only in the Telecommunications industry by using the Radio Transmitter for Receiving and sending the packets. Using the Wireless Wide Area Network we can use our Computers, Mobile Phone, Remote Controls, Network Terminals all over the world. Wireless Wide Area Network use only radio frequency (RF), infrared light, laser light, visible light, acoustic energy, etc. to transfer information without the use of wires.