Thread: Error message: Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live servers or Xbox.com

Error message: Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live servers or Xbox.com

Hey guys,

I have a little problem. I have a wireless router and my computer connects perfectly wifi mode, but when I connect my xbox 360 problems with the DNS server. Connecting the xbox to my network but the network perfect internet bug me. The text says "Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live servers or Xbox.com"

I have configured dns manually in the network configuration of the console as well as the IP, netmask and gateway but no way.

Thank you very much in advance

Re: Error message: Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live servers or Xbox.com

First make sure that you are connected to the Internet. If this is not the case, contact your ISP for help. Make sure that the connectivity settings are set to Automatic in the Xbox Dashboard before running the Connection Wizard. If you use an ISP Xbox Live compatible partner, click Learn more in "Xbox Live Compatible" to check whether connectivity information is available specific to your provider.

Re: Error message: Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox Live servers or Xbox.com

Try connecting using the modem only. This eliminates any configuration problems on the router. Examine the interface to make sure DNS settings are set to Automatic. If this works then, use the IP address of your router DNS settings. In general, it is the IP address you use to administer the router. Consult your router manual to find this address.

If you can connect to the network when you do not go through your router, you may need to configure it to allow network communication on specific ports that are required by Xbox Live. For Xbox Live to work properly, the following ports must be open: UDP 88
    UDP 3074
    TCP 3074
    UDP 88
    UDP 3074
    TCP 3074

Note : If you use a device certified Xbox Live compatible, it is not necessary to open these ports.

To check the internet connection, Go to Start menu, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK. In the View menu, make sure that Tiles is selected. Look for connections that are marked Shared or behind a firewall. If you find connections Shared or behind a firewall, you may need to configure the firewall. Consult the documentation for your firewall.

Try the following things :
    1. Make sure the device is switched on.
    2. Check for activity using a series of flashing lights.
    3. Note These names vary from one model to another.
    4. Reset the gateway.
    5. The DNS addresses you entered in the Network Settings area of the Xbox Dashboard may be incorrect. Set your DNS settings to Automatic.
    6. If this does not, manually set the DNS server addresses in the interface. If you do not know these addresses, contact your ISP.