Thread: High id emule connection problem on Windows Xp

High id emule connection problem on Windows Xp

I had been running Windows Xp on my machine. I'm using TPG ADSL2+ and my emule connection is always been shown as high id. From last few days my emule connection has become low id, even if i try to connect it with my LAN connection. But now the problem is that when i try to connect it with my wireless connection, it shows a high id. So, can any body tell me that what i need to do to resolve high id emule connection problem on Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to get rid of the above problem. Thanks.

Re: High id emule connection problem on Windows Xp

Is your ADSL modem a router? Have you tried to update your server list from eMule? Do a tracert to google and see what the first couple of IPs are. The most obvious reason for this error is your connection is down, but it can also occur when your internet connection is very busy or you are using the firewall Zone Alarm which seems to handle many connections rather badly.

Emule can use configurable ports, the ports it will use are listed in 'preferences' --> 'connection' in the 'client port' area. Try using IP Filter to block bad IPs & have some popular files for uploads. Leave your eMule running 24/7 for a while! If you are on dial-up connection, think about upgrading to broadband connection. The first step in configuring your connection settings is finding the real speed your connection offers. You can find this in your ISP's contract or on their website. The Wizard on this screen also offers some preconfigured entries for the most common connection types. If you can not find this information, you can also just leave it empty by setting the upload capacity to 0.

It's exactly the same whether you use USB/serial/ethernet/wireless/whatever to connect to the modem. Maybe the names differ a bit, but the procedure is the same. All you have to do is foward ports 4662(TCP) and 4672(UDP), incoming and outgoing. Those are the default ports Emule uses. When you keep on losing connection with servers it is because you are getting booted out of the server. The most probable reason is that you are sharing too many files. Limit your shared files to less than 200.