Thread: What is Attunel.exe?

What is Attunel.exe?

Does anyone has any idea about what is Attunel.exe? I get Attunel.exe errors in my system frequently and when I check the Task Manager, I find many Attunel.exe processes running in it. As i do not have much knowledge about the system components, I do not know whether it is a genuine process or not. Are there any methods that I can use to remove these errors? My system also becomes slow as soon as I get the Attunel.exe error. Please help me with this situation as I am getting very irritated due to these errors.

Re: What is Attunel.exe?

Attunel.exe is a file that is seen to create undesirable effects when it runs on the system. It has been identified to have harmful effects on the system even it seems as genuine process going on within the system. Attunel.exe generally contains programs that are dangerous as well as misleading. I suggest you to scan the whole system with any well updated antivirus and eradicate all the infections that are detected in the scan.

Follow the steps given below for the manual deletion of Attunel.exe:
    • Press CTRL+F, where you will get a windows that will help you to search for the files and folders.
    • There select the section for "All or part of the the file name" and then type Attunel.exe.
    • If you need better results, click on "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and after that click on the "Search" button..
    • When the search is completed, take the mouse over the "In Folder" and then, look at the path and enter the same in the address bar.
    • Manually delete all the files that you find there and you can get rid of the program.

Use a spyware removal tool like Spyware Doctor and you can get rid of Attunel.exe easily from the computer. Since, such processes seem to be genuine from outside, even antiviruses fail to detect them. But, such anti-malwares remain in the background and check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. Thus, it successfully removes Attunel.exe and other such malicious process and makes the system free of its ill effects.

Attunel.exe is indeed a very undesirable process and terminate it as son as you encounter it in your system. Here are some other processes that are related to Attunel.exe and behave as genuine processes:
    • realone.exe
    • dsc.exe
    • sklgr.exe
    • fmstart.exe
    • ntio256.sys
    • winantiviruspro2006installer.exe
    • winskd.exe
    • java.scr
    • svvosts.exe
    • smloader.exe
    • nirofilter.exe
    • win32x.exe and many more

As Attunel.exe manipulates the registry settings, here are the steps to get rid of the infection:
    1. Attunel.exe process has to be terminated from the Task Manager.
    2. Then, go to Start, then go to Run.
    3. There, enter REGSVR32 -u <Dll_name>. After that, click on Ok.
    4. Now, enter the following in place of <Dll_name>:
      • %ProgramFiles%\aveo\attune\updater1\0409\lang.dll
      • %ProgramFiles%\aveo\attune\updater1\aclui.dll
    5. Now, go to Start, then go to Run.
    6. After that click on OK and then, navigate to the following and delete the same:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\attune download
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\aveo\attunedownload
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\attune download
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\attune
    7. The following directory has to be removed from the explorer:
      %ProgramFiles%\aveo\attune\