Thread: ADSL line issue

ADSL line issue

Hi
    Five years since I subscribed internet and I was delighted. Until there this 15 days, there was a big crash. The technician arrived and told me we can not do any thing regarding this. In brief: the cables in the walls are date back to prehistoric times, today they must imperatively be shielded and hence they can not change them
    So I seek a new operator. I can take an offer with the unbundled telephone, till then no worries. I know nothing at all ... so I just wanted to know if it penalizes the browsing speed or not at all? Can you help me with this.

Re: ADSL line issue

Hi
    Penalized passing from 30 to 1 mega no doubt you'll be penalized, for simple navigation that is not dramatic, but for other uses it is shredded ex: type thegrouptest in your browser and via your N° of such identifying characteristics of your line to find out your rate reduction and the distance that separates you from the DSLAM.

Hello
    Here are my specifications
    telephone: line connection
    line length: 3338 meters approximately
    weaker theoretical: 50.07 dB
    that's all I have with me. So which line I should prefer.

Hi
    For info I am a 62 db attenuation (approximately 5kms) my speed is 1.9 megabytes, So you are much better placed than myself, So I doubt that you can not have more than 2 megabytes, I opt instead for 4.4 mega as you report having found but that it unbundled test does not provide such data through the ISP "Free" also see their side of what it is. Hope this helps you out.

Hello
    Thank you for your help. So that means that it is quite unnecessary for me to get a more expensive subscription to 20 mega example? Or should I go with this. Please guide me so that I can go for a reliable connection and which should not disconnect frequently.

Hi
    I could not answer you on this point, this depends on the applications used,
    there should be a sacred flow, I know exactly how but I think 8 mega do not rest. However, be careful before signing any fees whatsoever the competition being what it is. They try to lure you through the more obscure deals that are history to avoid the comparative.