Thread: Infected by HTML_SHELLCOD.WT malware

Infected by HTML_SHELLCOD.WT malware

I am using Dell Studio One 19(IntelĀ® Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA MCP 7A chipset, 160GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache, 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 DIMMs) and with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. I am using AVG 30days trial version antivirus. I access internet everyday for surfing, downloading, mailing, etc. And for yesterday onwards an alert is coming that your pc is infected HTML_SHELLCOD.WT malware. Please tell how to overcome this problem.

Re: Infected by HTML_SHELLCOD.WT malware

According to my knowledge about malware, this Trojan as noteworthy due to the increased risk for damaging, propagating, or both, that it possesses. Think so you have downloaded this crap unknowingly when visiting malicious Web sites. It may also be hosted on a Web site and runs when you accessed the said Web site. The result of this malware, malicious users may execute any code of choice, which may cause potential damage to any data and also can damage your system. You should try to update AVG and remove this malware.

Firstly would recommend you to uninstall the AVG which being are using, has it is trial version which will not allow you to remove the high risk malware. Download and install any full version of antivirus (like Trend Micro, McAfee, etc). After installing it, disable the System Restore first before doing any scanning on your computer. Now, closed all the browser which is been open and then scan your computer with antivirus installed to detect and remove the HTML_SHELLCOD.WT malware. Hope you can fix the problem.

I recently got news that the threat researchers have been alerted to the newly arrived malware that is targeting Internet Explorer. Also the analysis people had tested and confirmed that the exploit affects versions 6 and 7 of the IE. Although the exploit is currently not reliable, but cyber criminals maybe able to make a reliable exploit in the near future. The exploit targets a vulnerability with regard to how Internet Explorer uses cascading style sheet information. Many antivirus detects this exploit as HTML_SHELLCOD.WT and also protect us from this, but the case is antivirus should be licensed and full version and daily updated.

I was also facing the same problem few days back, now i have fix the problem. My desktop computer was also infected my same name malware. Actually this malware enters into our system due to visiting unknown malicious websites. So would suggest you don't download anything from unknown sites. And to remove this malware, install any Licensed Version of McAfee which will delete this malware. Try always to use licensed version of antivirus which can protect your computer fully.

My saying on this is, we all use computers and it seems to be most useful and well-known technical gadgets over the worldwide. It may be used for their livelihood, some maybe using it for playing games on it and some maybe using it for browsing the Internet world. And among those who uses the computer, out of that many of us do not know the proper security steps that can be taken to prevent unauthorized access to our machines. This is due to improper use of security tools( i.e antivirus). This is same in your case, you are using the trial version of AVG which is not fully protecting your computer, so to overcome the infected malware install the full version of antivirus.