Thread: How to delete Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O from computer system?

How to delete Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O from computer system?

I have heard about a malicious program “Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O”, is been infecting a number of machines over the past one to two months. What exactly is this “Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O”. From the name it clears that it is a Trojan. But I want to more details about this virus. How will I know that my computer is attacked by this virus, and if my computer is infected by “Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O” then how to remove it from my computer?

Re: Symptoms of Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O

If your computer is infected by the computer then you will see the following symptom in your personal computer. When you first run the program a single option message box appears telling you that it will install ErrorSafe anti-virus program as you only have one option it will certainly install the program.
    After that a downloader screen will appear which informs you of the progress downloading the application installer.
    Popup messages when you start windows and from time to time after that that say you have serious threats that needs fixing and take you to the registration page if you want to fix them and tell you to buy the application if you want it to fix your errors.

Re: Technical details related to Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O

I can give you the technical details related to this Trojan.
    Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O gets installed either by the user or by some other application like a downloader.
    They start scanning the system as soon as you install them and then report to you a series of system critical errors that need fixing and tell you to buy the application if you want it to fix your errors. Even on a clean windows installation these programs report threats and errors.Depending on the version installed these files and registry keys will appear in your computer:
    FOLDER " %DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS% \Start Menu\Programs\Error Safe Unregistered Version"
    FILE " %DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS% \%USER%\Desktop\Error Safe.lnk"
    FOLDER "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free"
    FILE "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free\activate.dat"
    FILE "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free\appupdate.dat"
    FILE "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free\bnlik.dat"
    FOLDER "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free\Backup"
    FOLDER "%PROGRAM FILES%\Error Safe Free\Mp3DB"
    REG_KEY "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{06170642-FA65-4FB6-AC79-5F235CB99BC2}"
    REG_KEY "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1640DE0E-75E4-4a83-B5D1-2492BC7EBA8F}"

Re: Removal method for Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O

For removing this Trojan from your computer system can download the BitDefender antivirus. Make sure that you download the latest version of BitDefender. After downloading the BitDefender install it in your personal computer. Now scan your computer system. This will give you a list of all the infected files in your personal computer. You have to just delete those infected file from your computer system.

Re: How to delete Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O from computer system?

You must take some preventive measures so that this Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.O cannot enter your computer system. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system. Upgrade your antivirus program and regularly scan your system. System restore can also be a better solution for getting rid of these viruses. Do not download pirated software because there may be chances that they contain viruses.