Thread: Methods to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ

Methods to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ

What are the methods to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ from the system. I tried to remove it from the antivirus interface when it alerted me about the infection in my system. But, it is not allowing me to delete this infection. Does anyone has any idea what is the problem that is going on in this situation. I am using Windows Vista operating system with Escan antivirus and my browser is Opera 10.

You can use Boot scan

You can use Boot scan as one of the methods to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ. This scan starts before the operating system loads because of which the infections remain inactive as they are not able to execute before the startup of the operating system. This is the best time for the antivirus to remove the infections from the system. QUICK HEAL is a recommended antivirus that provides the feature of boot scan.

Use SPYWARE DOCTOR

A method to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZis to use SPYWARE DOCTOR. This is a recommended spyware that removes any types of infections including trojans from the system. They actually remain in the background of the system and watch for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. So, as soon as it finds that some process is causing harm to the system, it simply removes that particular application or program from the system.

Always use a firewall in the system

Always use a firewall in the system as a method to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ from entering into the system. They actually prevent the infections from entering into the system. Firewalls check for each and every bit of information or data that enters into the system. So, if the malicious content is found to enter the system, that particular content is rejected and is not allowed to enter into the system. So, whenever the firewall is enabled in the system, it actually becomes the Entry-Point for all the data into the system.

Formatting is the only method

Formatting is the only method to eradicate VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.DZ. The reason is that, since it is a trojan horse, it is difficult for the antivirus to find such infections that seem to be genuine from outside, but internally a very powerful malicious code. So, since the infection prevails in the system, it acts as a means for the entry for other infections into the system as well as acts as a backdoor, thus allowing the attacker to gain entry into the system. This may lead to a loss to very important data and information from the system.

Enable a safe mode scan

Enable a safe mode scan of the entire system along with all the hard drives as well as the flash drives. In safe mode, any types of infections including virus, trojans and worms are not able to execute. So, it becomes easier to remove them from the system as they remain inactive at such times. to go into safe mode, you will have to select this option when you start the system. This will hopefully solve your problem as it is assured to remove the infections from the system.