Thread: Need help to protect computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT

Need help to protect computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT

I need help to protect computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT, since the antivirus is alerting me about this infection in my system from quite a long time. Whenever it alerts me, I always delete it or sometimes,move it quarantine, too. But, I get its alert in almost every hour when I am on the system, mostly when I am surfing the internet. Please help me with this situation. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3 with AVG antivirus and my browser is IE8.

Use a firewall

If you need help to protect computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT, then I advice you to use a firewall in your system. Here is how you enable the default Windows Firewall:
    • Go to, Start
    • There click on Control Panel.
    • Next, select Network and Internet Connections. If you are not able to see Network and Internet Connections, then select Switch to Category View.
    • Then, go to Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    • Now, select On.
    • Lastly, click OK.

If you are not comfortable with the Windows Firewall, then use a third party firewall.

Enable a system restore

I advice you to enable a system restore to protect the computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT. You will have to restore it to a time when you are sure that there were no infections in the system. So, with this method all the applications along with the infections that were installed during this period will be simply eradicated without any scanning. This is a method used when there are infections in the system that are not able to be removed by any of the techniques, since it might also cause loss of data.

TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT may have manipulated the registry settings

TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT is a trojan and it may have manipulated the registry settings. This may a reason why the antivirus is not able to delete this infection from the system. Actually, trojans look like legitimate applications or files having no problems. But, internally they are a very dangerous malicious code that can cause a major destruction in the system. They also allow other infections to enter into the system. To protect computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT, you will have to use the ultimate method of formatting.

Always keep a spyware installed in the system

Always keep a spyware installed in the system to protect the computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT and such other infections. Spywares are different from the normal antiviruses, since they stay in the background and look for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. So, the trojans are not able to hide from these spywares, as these infections seem to be the actual malicious codes that are running in te system. Hope that this will surely solve the problem.

The boot scan method will help

The boot scan method will help to protect the computer from TROJ_ADCLICKE.HT. You can get this feature in AVAST antivirus. You will have to uninstall the previous antivirus that you are using in the system as keeping both the security components may cause a conflicting problem. Once the installation of AVAST is over, the boot scan starts by itself by restarting the computer. I use the same method in my system to keep it free from infections.