Thread: How delete Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B from my computer?

How delete Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B from my computer?

My personal computer is working very slow. First I thought that there may be any hardware problem, then I realized there can be chances of virus problem. So I scanned my personal computer with the antivirus software. It gave me an alert message that “Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B” is found. I tried to delete it from my personal computer, but it is of no use. No matter how many times I delete this from my computer it comes back. Can anybody help me with this virus problem?

Re: Worm are self replicating program

Your personal computer is attacked by the worm named “Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B”. Worms are self replicating malicious program which consumes the memory space of your computer system. That is the reason why your computer system is working slow. So I will suggest you to download any better antivirus for your computer system and get rid of this worm problem.

Re: How delete Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B from my computer?

I think you need to update your antivirus program. Your antivirus program is detecting the “Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B” then it should be able to delete it from your computer. Upgrade your antivirus program and then try to remove “Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B” from your computer system. If that does not help you then you must go for another antivirus program, I will suggest you to go for the avast antivirus.

Re: Technical details related to Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B

Your are saying that the antivirus is not capable of deleting worm from your computer system then may be technical details related to it might explain why this is happning.
    Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B” copies itself in
    C:\\Documents and Settings\\<user>\\Local Settings\\Temp as svchost.exe and sets the (above mentioned) registry key
    HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run\\WindowsServicesStartup = "C:\\DOCUME~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\svchost.exe 1".
    In order to allow only one instance of it to run at a time, it creates a mutex named TINYpUcE.
    It copies itself in every (*.zip) or (*.rar) archive found in these folders and may rename the archive as follows:
    %filename%.zip to %filename% updated-fixed mm-yyyy.zip
    %filename%.rar to %filename% updated-fixed mm-yyyy.rar

where mm is the current month and
    yyyy is the current year
    After infection, it creates a file named Log.txt and opens it with notepad, displaying the following text:
    PRE-INSTALL v1.07
    (C) pUcE Software 2006
    Pre-install has checked your config.
    Everything is ok, you can now run the setup program
    Enjoy!

Re: Restore your computer system

You can try to restore your system for getting rid of this problem. For restoring your system your can do this.
    Step1: Go to start > programs >accessories > System tools
    Step2: Select system restore
    Step3: After that you will see a window of system restore.
    Step4: Select the date for system restore.
    Step5: Restart your system.

Re: Techniques to remove Win32.Worm.P2P.Puce.B

I was also suffering with the same problem; I have tried to upgrade my antivirus that does not solve my problem. Then I restored my computer system then also the problem is not solved. After that I hit on the antivirus BitDefender. So I downloaded this antivirus. This antivirus removed all the worms from my computer system. That worked for me I am sure that it work for you also.