Thread: How to remove Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from my computer?

How to remove Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from my computer?

I am a regular internet user and I like to download games from internet. My computer system was working fine till I have downloaded an attachment from the unknown email address. After that my system is becoming slow and slow day by day. When I scanned my personal computer I got an alert from my antivirus that “Backdoor.IRCBot.ST” is found. When I tried to delete this from my computer it shows the message that the worm is deleted. But the problem persists when I restart my computer system.

Re: Backdoor download virus from internet.

The Backdoor.IRCBot.ST which is found on your personal computer is kind of Trojan antivirus. Basically the work of the backdoor virus is that it opens the doors to other malicious programs. Means it consists of codes which automatically download the virus from internet to your computer. So I will suggest you to download another antivirus to delete this Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from your computer.

Re: How to remove Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from my computer?

If your antivirus is detecting this Backdoor.IRCBot.ST Trojan in your computer than it should be able to delete this from your computer. According to me the problem is with the antivirus, the antivirus which you are using is not upgraded. So I will suggest you to upgrade your antivirus so that it can remove Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from your computer system. If after upgrading the antivirus in your system the problem is not solved then download the avast home edition antivirus for your computer system.

Re: Removal procedure for this Backdoor.IRCBot.ST

For removing this Trojan from your personal computer, you have to stop the following services.
    For removing this Trojan from your personal computer, you have to stop the following service, named as wgareg. This service will be displayed as Windows Genuine Advantage Registration Service.
    After stopping this service you have to delete this registry from the registry window.
    HKLM\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wgareg
    And do not forget to delete the Wgareg.exe from the system folder of your computer.
    These steps will definitely remove the virus from your computer.

Re: Preventive measures

Whether you use antivirus or delete the Trojan manually from your computer, it causes the problem for some time. So avoiding such kind of problem you should follow the preventive measures. You must enable the firewall on your personal computer and use the strong password for your computer. Upgrade your antivirus programs regularly, and scan your computer after a specific interval of time. This preventive measure reduces the possibility of damage which can be done to your computer.

jennypatel Guest

Re: How to remove Backdoor.IRCBot.ST from my computer?

Have you installed the anti virus in your personal and if your anti virus detects the backdoor virus and then delete that, Otherwise you can remove such viruses by restoring your PC to a secure point. Another and last option is to take the back up of your PC and then format the hard disk.