Thread: Difference between McAfee antivirus and Avira anti virus

Difference between McAfee antivirus and Avira anti virus

Hi every body, I am using an Acer laptop and its configuration is 2 GB DDR2 ram and 2.4 core 2 duo Intel processor. I have loaded windows vista on my system. And I am using McAfee anti virus for security for virus and worms. But I also downloaded free trail version of Avira anti virus from its website. But now I want to compare between McAfee and Avira anti virus. The reason for downloading Avira are I have heard to many good things about it. Can any one tell what is the difference between McAfee and Avira.

Re: Difference between McAfee antivirus and Avira anti virus

Hi, I am only using an Avira anti virus Personal free V9 from last 2 years. And I experienced that Avira is one of most fast scanning anti virus and it do not load the burden on the CPU during scanning, and it detects most viruses. And I never tried the McAfee anti virus but instead of this I tried kaspersky, Norton, AVG and these anti virus gives load on the CPU or slow scanning of virus or slow down the internet connection speed.

Hello, I have HCL desktop computer with windows 7. And I am using McAfee anti virus and I found that it is works better than Avira anti virus.
    - False positive detection rate is low
    - Clean infected files without deleting them
    - Cloud-based active protection used by McAfee
    - It maintain your system and internet connection speed
    - Overflow protection of buffer
    - Etc.

A system based on resource constrained, so you can expect good performance from McAfee anti virus. A system which lower configuration or slower processors like 2.4GHZ P4 or less RAM memory eg 512MB will work slowly for first 5-7 minutes with McAfee anti virus. And I am using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware v8.7. I have seen in the task manager window McAfee uses 99% of CPU usage in starting few minutes.

Resource Usage:
    from the people point view there are some user who says that it takes large amount of usage of RAM memory.
    Detection Rate:
    McAfee anti virus products has low virus detection rates other than those have free virus programs.
    Start up Time:
    It uses the large amount of system resources, and the anti virus programs have :to start on the system start up. Due to this it take lots of time to system start up.