Thread: Does digital signature are a effective solution

Does digital signature are a effective solution

Hi,
    Dealing with documents online is really not safe today. I am working for a publishing company. We share lots of documents online. The best and easy way for is to transfer data is zipping them into small formats and then sending out. The data is encrypted. Is it safe if we does this for more secure documents. I had not found any other solution on the internet except Digital Signature's. What can more done here.

Re: Does digital signature is an effective solution

I do think encryption is an proper way to deal with data security. Once your encryption system in place, you still have doubts. An attacker can decrypt my message without authorization i.e without knowing the key. An encryption system is never completely inviolable! It must even be assumed that whatever the algorithm used, find a loophole or a way to decrypt the protected data is a matter of time. According to the key size (measured in bits), it is a finite number of combination that a hacker can try to try to decipher the message.

I think encryption is not so powerful. But still it is the only alternative for usage. And the robustness of the system is directly proportional to the time it would take to crack, so the key size. In summary, an encrypted message is properly protected, we need time to cracking is considered superior to the permanence of the message content protection.

Here is an small example of working with encrypted documents. People mostly fears about their data. If information is supposed to remain secret a month and is protected by an encryption system that can withstand 5 years, it is clear that you can sleep in peace, the security of your message is theoretically guaranteed. Today, it is common to use 128-bit keys in symmetric encryption, meaning that it consists of a sequence of 128 "0" or "1", which gives 2 ^ 128 possibilities keys.

In an encrypted data regarding the a symmetric encryption, public keys of 1024 bits are now advised, the decryption operation not under the same process as the symmetric encryption requires in this case use the keys much more important. So it is necessary that you must use a much powerful tool and efficient software for this. If you are using a freeware or cracked option then the security is not guaranteed.

I use Digital Signatures for the most vital applications and to prove their authentication. Digitally signing an electronic document aims to meet the same requirements as a handwritten signature of a paper document. This allows you to work with multiple features and support. Like to allow to authenticate the author of a document, ensure that once signed, the document will not be changed (forged) and giving legal status (under certain conditions, see below) to the document.