Thread: Network between 5 posts

Network between 5 posts

Hello,
    I want to make a network between 5 posts, how can I make connection (network connection) between them. And also in the case of a server and 5 positions. One more question what's the difference between the 1st and the 2nd method. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Miles Runner; 30-12-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Re: Network between 5 posts

Hi
    5 posts and 5 positions + 1 server, it's the same with regard to networking.
    You need equipment interconnection, in general, is a switch. This switch is equipped with 4 to 48 RJ45 ports. 4 ports is not enough for what you want to do, think you will need 48 ports, this may be a bit too expensive.
    Then he must give an IP address to your equipment. For this, there are many options available.
    1) Make dynamic addressing and then you have a DHCP server and it just happens but it will do with the DHCP server administrator.
    2) Make the static address and then it gives you an address to each machine
    So you've networked your machine and you will have created a local network connected to anything.

Hello
    I will try to explain you, so that you can understand it more clearly.
    - A cable network with twisted pair , connected to each switch position.
    - Network cards for each property on post.
    - Then you start to connect each post has a tone switch using the cable and network card
    - And I advice you to configure network used fixed ip address.
    An example is below
    and leaves the other fields blank
    For the other 4 positions:
    N varies from 2 to 5
    192.168.0.N
    DNS
    and you leave the last field empty
    For a server just to make the first station to a server, you install eg Windows 2003 server and will be used to manage other posts, it is configured as file server.

Hello
    Thank you very much for you explanation.
    I have some more question for you, how the server will be used to manage other positions, and how with this configuration you told me to put a position among the 5 as a separate server installation of windows 2003 server and configure it as a file server, dns, dhcp? Can you please explain me this in more details, it would be appreciated.

Hi
    A server is an entity of control and security. If you configure your server with Active Directory, it will act as a border security requests should necessarily be validated against the security permissions. You can also distribute applications, security policies, the updates. Where computers are only present on a network, if you create partitions, all involved in security, where access to a file, they compare with their own user (if security is enabled on the file) .
    Anyway, I suggest you read a Bible of 2003 server before you start, if you do not have the required competence level DNS DHCP, ... the configuration of your AD will cause you problems. More design choices for this AD will affect the ability of your domain.

Hello
    The server is connected to a WiFi access point. The access point relays the requests to the DHCP, DNS. In theory nothing more after that depends on the security that you want. We can implement a Radius server which serves to centralize the authentication, but in your case, I do not think it is necessary.