Thread: Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop

Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop

The Kaspersky antivirus in my system has detected a Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop and I am not able to delete it. I cant understand why the antivirus is not able to delete this infection from my system. When I try to delete it, then the antivirus freezes and becomes not responding. So, ultimately I have to end the process of the antivirus and start it again. Please give suitable solutions to this problem. My Dell desktop has Windows XP operating system and my browser is IE8.

Infection has taken over the antivirus

The infection has taken over the antivirus, this is why the Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop is not being eradicated by the antivirus. The infection may have modified the antivirus settings due to which it freezes when you try to delete it. The solution to this is to uninstall the antivirus, then restart the system. Now, reinstall the antivirus and run a full system scan of all the hard drives as well as the flash drives. Delete all the infections that will be detected during the scan. Thus, you will be able to get rid of it.

Format the system

If there is a Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop and the antivirus is not able to delete it, then I suggest you to format the system. Everytime you end the process of the antivirus, the infection finds it easy to replicate as well as download other infections into the system. Thus, the system will be in a totally vulnerable condition and this may also sometimes lead to a system crash.

Cryp_Pai-5 is a trojan

Cryp_Pai-5 is a trojan and normal antivirus are not able to delete such types of infections from the system. That is why, Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop cannot be removed by the Kaspersky antivirus. I recommend you to us a spyware against such trojans. Spywares actually remain in the background of the system and check for the malicious activities going on within the system. So, it can successfully remove the trojan infections in the system. Spyware Doctor is a recommended spyware by many experts.

Use boot scan against all types of infections

You can use boot scan against all types of infections as the scan removes any types of infections from the system. Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop can also be removed by this method. You will have to install Avast antivirus for this purpose as the boot scan feature is not provided by all the antiviruses. As soon as you install Avast, you will be asked to restart the system and the boot scan will be automatically started. The infections cannot execute before the operating system starts, hence they remain inactive. This is the reason why boot scan can remove all types of infections from the system.

Always use a firewall

Cryp_Pai-5 infection in Dell desktop may be from the internet. To avoid them from entering into the system, always use a firewall. Firewalls check for each and every bit of information that will be entering the system. So, whenever it finds some malicious contents, it just rejects it from entering into the system. Use the default Windows firewall or if you are not comfortable with it, then use some third party firewall like NOD32.