Thread: System infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC

System infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC

I have installed Windows XP operating system and my browser is Opera 10. My system has been infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC and it was alerted by the AVG antivirus that I am using in my system. Luckily, the antivirus was able to delete the infection, but it keeps on alerting about the infection everytime I browse through the internet. I cannot understand why this is happening. How do I avoid it from entering my system? If anyone has some idea why this is happening please reply with some suitable solutions.

Enable the Windows firewall

If your system is infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC and if the antivirus is giving frequent alerts about the infection, then I suggest you to enable the windows firewall. Here is how you can do it in Windows XP:
    1. First, go to Start.
    2. Here, click on Control Panel.
    3. Now, click on the Network and Internet Connections. If you are not able to see this particular option, then simply change to Category View.
    4. Next, you have to Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    5. There, select the option as ON.
    6. Lastly, click on OK.

Keep the system always updated

You need to keep the system always updated especially the antivirus if the system is infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC. So, even if the infection enters into the system, it will be easily eradicated from the system. So, it is always recommended to keep the Automatic Updates always on. You can do it as follows:
    • Click on Start.
    • Then, go to Control Panel.
    • Here, select System.
    • Then, click on Automatic Updates.

You will have to select a setting over here. If you do not select Automatic, then you will have to select some particular time when the updates are available. you will be able to see the "Notification Balloon", when the new downloads will be available. You simply need to click on that balloon and then updates will be automatically installed.

Beware of fake websites

Beware of fake websites if the system is being infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC frequently. You have mentioned that you get the infection alerts while browsing the internet. I suppose that this is happening since you are visiting some fake site made by an attacker to gain entry into the system with the help of sending infections into the system. The attacker may also be asking some personal information through those sites. You just need to be away of such sites. Unsuspecting users easily fall prey to such fake sites.

Do not accept file transfers from unknown users

I advice you to not accept file transfers from unknown users while you are browsing through the web. This may be a way that the system becomes infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC. The unknown user can be the attacker who may be sending infections to destroy your system. This VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC is actually a Trojan that looks genuine from outside, but internally it is a very dangerous malicious code that can give away all the system information to the attacker as well as also cause the system to crash. Do not keep such infections prevailing in your system for a long time as you will only have the option to format the system for its removal.

Use Quick Heal antivirus

You can use Quick Heal antivirus if the system is infected with VirTool:Win32/DelfInject.gen!AC. This antivirus provides the feature of boot scanning that can remove all types of infections. Boot scanning is a scan that is enabled before the operating system startup. So, the infections remain inactive as they are not able to execute before the operating system loads. So, the infections can be easily eradicated at such a time. It is a very successful method to remove all types of infections and I can assure you this since I use the same method to remove infections when they affect my system.