Thread: Chrome starts displaying "DNS error - cannot find server"

Chrome starts displaying "DNS error - cannot find server"

I had been running Windows Xp on my machine. Just few days back i had installed Google Chrome on my machine. Now the problem is that when i try to use Google Chrome on my machine, it fails to locate the DNS and it goes on with every other site until the computer is been restarted. It happen every time whenever i try to use Google Chrome on my machine. Can any one tell me that why Chrome starts displaying "DNS error - cannot find server"? What i need to do to resolve the above issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Chrome starts displaying "DNS error - cannot find server"

DNS error is a common message. It appears when you type in an address the is failing or you miss spell something in the address. A DNS error message may also show up if the site is being overwhelmed at the time that you are trying to access it. If it is Windows whatever, open a DOS Window and see if you can ping the primary and alternate DNS servers maintained by your service provider:
    C:\>ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    The X's are the IP address. There may be one or two digits where you see three of them above.

If you can not find out what it means when you get a message that says “can not find server or DNS error”, there are still a few measures you can try. You need to check with your host to see if you have wildcard subdomains enabled. Reboot you computer and see if you can access the page after that. By rebooting your computer you will clear out the cache. This can work because once your computer has failed to reach the web page once, it will not even try to reach the page again until the cache is cleared.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. I think you should try to change DNS settings on your pc network connection by going to properties then tcp protocol then advanced type in 208. 67. 222. 222 and secondary 208 67 220 20 it should work. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.

DNS stands for Domain Name Server. A DNS error indicates that a web server was not located at that domain name. If you're already running a fully updated version of your security software, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software instead. A clean installation may stop that nagging ieframe.dll error message. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. If you would like Windows to try and discover them, click Detect Network Settings. Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. I was having the same problem for the past few days both with chrome and another browser. It is true that some previous updates from Microsoft may actually cause some ieframe.dll errors, but installing more recent updates, especially those to the Windows Update software itself, may help resolve the problem. I found a fix on another website which did the trick. Just go to Network Connections, right click on your connection, select Properties-->Internet Protocol TCP/IP then use the following values :
    Preferred DNS 208.67.222.222
    Alternate DNS 208.67.222.220