Thread: Win32/Hiloti.gen!A Infection

Win32/Hiloti.gen!A Infection

Hello, I am recently got infected by the virus which is detected as Trojan and having name as Win32/Hiloti.gen!A. I am using windows xp operating system and from last some days my system running too slowly. So, I run my Norton Internet Security 2010 and scan my computer and then it find out lots of viruses from my computer, but only some of the files which contains Win32/Hiloti.gen!A infection are not able to clean or delete from my computer. So, if anyone knows how to remove this virus infection, then please give me the way to remove it from my computer.

Re: Win32/Hiloti.gen!A Infection

Hello, have you update your Norton Internet Security 2010. I think you have not updated that and that is why the viruses which are older one gets deleted from your computer and now the virus which is named as Win32/Hiloti.gen!A is not able to delete by your Norton Internet Security 2010 as it is new one. And to delete new viruses from your computer it is needed to have new updates to your computer and then only that can delete that particular virus. So, update your computer to get your problem solved.

Hi, the virus Win32/Hiloti.gen!A is actually a Trojan which when enter in your computer starts downloading malicious files and also corrupted files from the internet. So, you need to close your internet connection until you get rid of this particular Trojan. You just update your antivirus software and then scan your computer with it and then try to delete all those files which are infected by this Trojan. Then only you can able to remove completely this Trojan. And after removing this from your computer, don't install any downloaded applications on your computer if you don't have any idea about it.

The following characteristics of this virus I have got from the internet:
    1. When you got affected by this trojan in your computer this file is created.
      %Windir%\[random_name].dll
    2. Your registry also changed and following keys are added in it.The following registry keys are modified:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fsagaku
        "Jmaxatoxoli" = 78
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
        "Notification Packages" = appends dll name to this value.
    3. It will then connects to the different file-hosting sites.
    4. To remove this particual virus from your computer you need to use Mcafee antivirus software.

Win32/Hiloti.gen!A is a Trojan and it is from the family of trojan which downloads different malicious programs on your computer and then by installing them on your computer they take command of your computer. So, it is necessary to remove that as soon as possible. So, make use of any antivirus and then make scan after some time even though your computer antivirus wont delete them, but it may help you from increasing them all. You may able to know the infection only with the alerts from your antivirus notifications and so you need to update you antivirus frequently.

You need to use the antivirus software scan by updating it. It will solve your problem and then if future you need to use following preventive measures:
    1. Use your firewall to prevent unauthorized intrusion on your computer.
    2. Update you computer softwares with latest updates.
    3. Make use of antivirus application which is updated.
    4. Don't open unknown attachments.
    5. Don't click on unknown links.
    6. Don't download pirated software.
    7. Make use of strong passwords.