Thread: How to remove Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A from my computer?

How to remove Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A from my computer?

I have bought a new personal computer and connected my personal computer to internet. The internet and computer was working fine for few days, but now my antivirus is giving me an alert message like this “Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A” is found on your system. I tried to delete this from personal computer but it comes back. I want to get rid of this virus problem, because it making my computer process slow. Can anybody help me with this virus problem?

Re: How to remove Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A from my computer?

Basically Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A is kind of virus worm. These are virtual viruses, which spread through internet and replicate itself to consume memory space of the system. They continuous their replication until your system is down. So I will suggest stop relying on your current antivirus and download any other antivirus which is capable of removing this worm problem from your personal computer.

Re: Symptoms related to Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A

If your personal computer is affected by the worm name Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A then you will see the following symptoms on your personal computer.
    Presence of the following files:
    1. %windir%\b.exe (usually C:\Windows\b.exe), 155,648 bytes
    2. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe, 236,136 bytes
    3. The file xzxzxzxzxzxz.exe (236,136 bytes) may appear in a subdirectory called "_" (underscore) in the shared folders of peer-to-peer file sharing applications.

Re: Technical detail related to Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A

I can give you the technical detail related to this worm which will help you to get rid of this worm problem.
    This is a worm that spreads itself via peer-to-peer file sharing networks, dropping a backdoor identified by BitDefender as Backdoor.RBot.CMQ. It has a file size of 236,136 bytes.

The first time it is run, it displays the following message to make the user believe it is a setup file downloaded with errors:
    After displaying the message, it copies itself to the All Users' startup folder (usually C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\) as svchost.exe, and launches itself from that new location.
    The original instance ends its execution at this point.

When launched from the afore mentioned (Startup) folder, it checks if the %system% (usually C:\Windows\System32) folder contains any of the following files: winlog.exe, p2pnetworking.exe, scvhost.exe, winlogi.exe or p2pnetwork.exe.
    These are all file names used by the RBot trojan. If it can't find any of them, it assumes the RBot trojan is not present so it dropps it into the Windows folder as b.exe and runs it.

To spread itself, it collects random application names from certain torrent and direct download sites.
    It then places itself in the shared folder of five common P2P file sharing software (listed below) using the previousely collected names, in a subfolder called "_" (underscore).
    At regular intervals it looks for the executable files of the file sharing programs Limewire, Shareaza, Bearshare, Morpheus and Morpheus Ultra and launches them.

To protect itself from being discovered, it opens the following files (requesting exclusive access): cmd.exe, netstat.exe, tracert.exe, ping.exe, ipconfig.exe, taskkill.exe, regedt32.exe and taskmgr.exe from the %system% folder and regedit.exe from the %windir% folder.
    It keeps them open while it is active, so they can not be executed.

Re: Removal method for Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A

For removing this “Win32.Worm.VB.Ymeak.A” from your system I will suggest you to buy BitDefender antivirus. I am suggesting you this antivirus because I was also suffering with the same worm problem. Then I have download this antivirus and scanned my personal computer, after that my personal computer is working fine. I am sure that this antivirus will surely remove this worm from your personal computer.

Re: Preventive measures.

Antivirus can definitely remove the worm, viruses, and Trojans from your personal computer. But you must follow some of the preventive measures to avoid problems like these. You must have your firewall enable. Use strong password for your system. Upgrade all the software you are using on your system. Regularly scan your system with the antivirus.