Thread: Free VoIP Software Phones

Free VoIP Software Phones

Hi,

I am an employee in a marketing company, I am using mobile for calling to client for another countries. I heard that a VOIP that can help you to call another country with cheap rates. Can anybody have any idea about the free VOIP software phones that can install in PC. Thanks in advance.

WengoPhone is a SIP phone that allows you to no cost to from your computer to another computer. It also help to call landlines, cellphones, send SMS messages and also make video calls. Now WengoPhone is come with new name QuteCom which is open source program. I suggest you to try this and reply.

Linphone is a VOIP phone which you can communicate freely with people over the internet, with voice, video, and text instant messaging. It complies to the SIP protocol, an open standard for internet telephony. It should be able to inter operate with most SIP-compatible phones and proxies in the world. It works with the Gnome Desktop under Linux. It also supported a sip test server called "sipomatic" that automatically answers to calls by playing a pre recorded message.

I am using KPHone on my linux operating system. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It is developed by a team of volunteers. It implements the functionality of a VoIP Softphone but is not restricted to this. It is a simple file size 1.5 mb , you can free download from sourceforge website.

There is best solution of voice over IP and instant messaging communications is Twinkle. It is using the SIP protocol. You can use it for direct IP phone to IP phone communication or in a network using a SIP proxy to route your calls and messages. There are many feature like Repeat last call, Blind call transfer, 3-way conference calling, Auto answer and Multiple active call identities is present in Twinkle VOIP phone software.

I am using a ISDN in/output component that allows making actual phone connections So i used Gspeakfreely. It is a VoIP system with a flexible component system. It have a important components i.e., net in/output, which implement VoIP functionality and the OSS-DSP in/output component. It also Partly support of the RTP protocol. It have supported linux platform. It supported conference call.